“happy”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Sunday and really liked it. We were able to walk right in and get a table outside. It was a gorgeous night, service was good and food was great. We would definitely eat here again.

6  Thank rebeca w

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was met with a bad attitude, and high pressure to order more than I was hungry for. Cheap 1970'2 decor, plastic table covers, dunes too high to see the ocean, no air conditioning and sweltering. Another restaurant full of flies.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I love to cook, and I love breakfast. Cape May has lots of great breakfast spots. The Cove is not one of them. This assumes that you go there to eat. I was there with out of town friends, and we loved the ocean view. We even did a little whale-watching of the human variety, and got a few chuckles out of that. (I can't believe people would actually wear stuff like that if they looked like that) but, I digress. Let's stick to The Cove. We were seated quickly by our host, and we took a spot overlooking the beach. We were less than impressed by broken screens, and open windows. My friend commented that "it must be to let the flies out." We ordered. I got the most basic thing I could imagine: home fires, two eggs over medium, sausage, wheat toast, coffee. $8,95. They must have been some expensive hens! Anyhow, the home fries were boiled potatoes, then I guess grilled, and served. Without a doubt the most bland home fries I have ever had. No seasoning at all. I ate half of them. Eggs are eggs-these were small, but OK. The sausage was three small links of some generic store-bought breakfast sausage. Forgettaboutit!
Toast is toast. The coffee was served in those also generic brown cups that every place had twenty years ago. All in all, I expect a lot more when I go out to eat. I could have done this at home in 5 minutes. My other friend got a little more for his buck. His silverware had egg on it. It was quickly replaced. The room itself is in need or repair. Our server was friendly enough in a non-caring way. The view is outstanding, and I could not help but think what an outstanding location this is, and what potential this place has. Maybe someday, but certainly not the day I was there.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had breakfast and the eggs, toast, potatoes were dry. The service was very slow. We only say our waitress twice.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very beachy...food was great!...especially breakfast on the beachd...beautiul and unicuie different beach. The waves just roll in. it was exciting to see ocean swimmers

4  Thank Dalsey1205