“perfect, every time”

Gecko's
Ranked #45 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving casual cafe fair with a variety of regional dishes. Enjoy lunch in our cozy dining room or relax outside in our shaded garden. Call us for take out.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I know someone who once ate a 7 course meal at Gecko's. That's not to say the portions are small or anything (they're certainly not), it's actually just that the food is THAT amazing (and the human involved is a triple-stomached mystery beast). Vegetarian friendly, omnivore friendly. I think there should be a warning on the salad, because it's so good you're going to dream about it, the soups are always magical, the entrees make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world.
Thanks for wonderful food and sweet waitstaff, Gecko's! And for delicious pear-cornbread pudding, though I rarely have room for it!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

black bean and corn cakes are the best thing on the menu but now to think of it nothing is bad. Portions are ridiculously large and delicious, service is always great!

Geckos123, Manager at Gecko's, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks for the shout out even in our off season. We can't wait for Gecko's to open again and to see all the familiar faces. See you next spring!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had not been here for a couple years and returned with my daughter
and a friend; we were not disappointed; even a better menu now. I got
a new "FAV" for me shredded lamb taco on indian fry bread with awesome
sauce......daughter got a pork dish and friend something with chorizo; we
were all so happy with lunch and shared most amazing orange amaranth
pound cake~the best non chocolate dessert ever!! GO you will love this place

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The server was so friendly and made my 4 year old feel very special for his birthday dinner. I ate too many corn muffins with jalapeno jelly before my entrée. The menu was diverse and all looked great. I opted for the ribs and my husband got the rabbit. The portions were HUGE, freshly prepared, and absolutely delicious. Pricey but worth every penny. Will return ASAP!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Was expecting better, given the higher ratings from other customers. Waitress could have been friendlier. Appetizer of shrimp/chorizo quesadilla was very good. Guacamole was outstanding. Salads very very good, nice light dressing. It took a really long time for the main entrees to be brought out, despite the restaurant being not busy at all and both mine and my husband's dinners were overcooked, with parts burned. I think they got forgotten about and left in the oven. I had smoked chicken enchiladas and hubby had flank steak burritos. The flank sreak was really chewy. All the sauce on mine had dried up and part of it had burned. The black beans were undercooked and harsh tasting. The white rice accompanying my enchiladas was flavorless. I had been so looking forward to trying this place after many years of vacationing in Cape May, but was a bit disappointed. Don't think we'll be going back.