“Top-notch restaurant”

Gecko's
Ranked #45 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving casual cafe fair with a variety of regional dishes. Enjoy lunch in our cozy dining room or relax outside in our shaded garden. Call us for take out.
Cape May, New Jersey
“Top-notch restaurant”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent restaurant. Start with a Soup. . They are spectacular!!! I have been eating at this restaurant for many years and have never had a bad meal. I recommend everything on the menu. One of the top five restaurants in Cape May.

Geckos123, Owner at Gecko's, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to give us such a raving review on TripAdvisor. My husband prides himself on making always a variety of soups for the day. He tries to have about three to four soups on the special board and there is always a vegetarian and or vegan soup among them. All delicious! :)

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food, large portions”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to Gecko's for a family meal. Everyone loved the food but the kids found the portions a little too much.

Visited June 2013
Geckos123, Owner at Gecko's, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank your for commenting on your recent visit to Gecko's. I guess, better too large portions then to small. I don't think anyone ever went home hungry after eating at Gecko's. All our dinner entrees come with a dinner salad dressed in our branded onion dressing, and we serve homemade cornbread muffins with a jalapeno jelly for the table. If it's too much, you can always take it home for a delicious lunch the next day.
Philadelphia
“Every meal should taste as good as this!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place rocked...such amazing variety of dishes! It is a BYOB. Stop at Collier's Liquor store and pick up your drink of choice before sliding into your reserved seat. We stuffed ourselves with all their specials and still wanted to pack more in. Great service, atmosphere and much fun! I would eat every meal here if I could. Really, really enjoyed it. Any menu item will bring you happiness. Well done Gecko's! We will return again soon!

Visited July 2013
Geckos123, Owner at Gecko's, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting us at Gecko's and for the amazing praise. We are looking forward to see you again soon.
Maryland
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family will always visit Gecko's when we are in Cape May. It is good food at a good price. The mussel appetizer is great. My soup of the day is always good. We love the house salad with the light and sweet vinaigrette. The ribs are very good. I have not had the Pueblo Rabbit but it is a family favorite. I love the baked poblano peppers stuffed with turkey and cheese when they have it. The pork tenderloin with blueberry sauce and sweet potatoes is wonderful. Save room for dessert, if not get it to go. Always a solid choice in Cape May.

Geckos123, Owner at Gecko's, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for your many visits to Gecko's. It is great to see, that you tried and enjoyed various favorite dishes. On your next visit to Gecko's, you should give the rabbit a try. It is great.
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“We have eaten at several places in Cape May..this was by far the best of the rest!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My bride and I are definitely foodies..and Gecko's was a find. Great prices for exceptional food. The 1st night we had the mussells (appetizer for many folks..had to be 30 on the plate). Next was the chorizo shrimp quessadilla which was very fresh and the crab and cheese enchelada..unreal. Then we were so impressed the 2nd night we checked out 4 places and decided to go back! We got as an app the mussells again (most places down in cape might give you 10) so Good! Next we got the ancho chile rubbed angus sirloin with the cranbury glaze on it. I am a steak guy..I knew this was something to get. It was phenomenal. My Bride got chille relanos with shrimp also very good. Heather was a great server able to recommend various things very well versed with menu. Great family run operation..the owner actually cooks!

Geckos123, Owner at Gecko's, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for coming to Gecko's two nights in a row. We all love the PEI mussels, prepared with tomatoes, onions, garlic capers and green olives. Chile rubbed sirloin is topped with a chilled ancho-cherry sauce and the crab and cream cheese enchiladas are topped with a green chile-tomatillo sauce. Both a favorite among our staff and many guests.