“We will be back for sure!”
Review of Gecko's

Gecko's
Ranked #45 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving casual cafe fair with a variety of regional dishes. Enjoy lunch in our cozy dining room or relax outside in our shaded garden. Call us for take out.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I gave this review 4 out of 5 only because the seating is kind of tight. Gecko's is on an outdoor deck so they really do the best that they can with limited space. It is thanks to Trip Advisor that we found Gecko's, so I thought it fitting to give a stellar review.It is a BYOB so that was helpful in keeping the bill down. My fiance' and I visit Cape May every summer and were looking for a different dinner spot. How many places have the same old, same old thing in Cape May? Crab cakes, burgers, salads, snore... We went the last week in August and arrived without a reservation. It seems that you can get a nicer table with a reservation in advance. Check, we will do that next time. Our server was very attentive, sweet and down to earth. We loved the complimentary corn muffins with halepeno jelly. Sounded and looked strange, but one bite and you will be hooked. Both my fiance' and I ordered the grilled veggie burrito which was a special that was offerred that week. It was quite honestly, one of the best meals we had ever had in our entire lives and I am a very "picky" foodie:) Thanks for a memorable meal and we wish you continued success. Thanks to your lovely waitstaff as well. They were so nice.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very laid back with plastic chairs and tables in the open but has good friendly service, good quality and value food and is BYOB.

We shared a starter of sweet chipotle shrimp and were sorry we had shared (since it was so good) until we saw the size of the entrees! I had the burritos with beef which contained nice chunks of tender beef but I was unable to finish. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her crusted trout.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Restaurant came recommended but 2 of us were quite disappointed with the food. Service was good. Food was rather flavorless for Southwestern/Tex-Mex. I'll give it an average rating because maybe some people like it that way. I see many rave reviews so I guess some people really like it... I don't get it.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Wow! Such yummy lunch fare in charming Cape May. We came for several days in mid September. This little outdoor venue was perfect for lunch after a bike ride around the area. The menu is eclectic and tends toward the healthy, vegetarian with a bit of Mexican and seafood. One of us had mussels, one had cheese enchiladas; I had the quinoa salad with sesame, olive, and mildly cajun spiced shrimp. It was the yummiest salad I have ever had and a very generous portion. We shared a fishy chocolate torte and a key lime taco for dessert. They were both quite delicious and the key lime mascarpone was in a tuile cookie- different and nice! Even the coffee was particularly rich and tasty. We want to come back tomorrow!! A definite fave for us and we consider ourselves pretty spoiled for good eats.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Four of us had wonderful lunch here. Food was great. We had Quesadeas w/shrimp & cherrizo special, vegi burrito, mex tomato soup. All were great. Smoky the cat kept us company and nobody seemed to mind.
Loved the place. We will be back.