“Lazy rude cashier”

Ranked #31 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Here at Mario's Pizza and Italian Eatery we are a family run business.We are more than just a pizza place. We have a wide variety of pizza sold by the slice or the the whole pizza.We are known for are home made dough and sauce as well as our garlic knots. We also do salads,wraps,our own home made Paninis as well as dinners from pasta to shrimp scampi, mussells over linguini to meat lasgna etc. We were voted best dinner at the shore on 98.7 radio station this year 2013.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We walked all over the Commons Mall area looking for a place to eat. Most have a menu outside to read and then you know what you are getting into when you walk inside. (nice)
As we entered Mario's there was only 2 ladies sitting at a table (little did we know one was the owner or manager) As we started to order one at a time (4 of us) the young man started to add things up on the cash register as we were talking he was also trying to hand write what we ordered at the same time. I was getting upset because he was not listening to us, kept saying what . So Ihad to keep repeating what we wee saying. I finally said WHAT are you doing? We are not done ordering and you are playing with that register, will you please wait until we are finished! He said I am trying to add up your total. I said you can't do that until we are finished ordering.

So we sit down and one of the young girls brings out our drinks 3 of of them 4 of us. Dh said excuse me but we are short one drink.
He said you didn't order 4, OK I had it now. I said if you would have been listeningn to me when I was talking instead of playing with that register you would have heard what we ordered 2 rootbeers, 1 pepsi and one Sprite, I said that is why I ask you what you were doing because I knew you were not taking our order! So just then the lady sitting down jumps up and said give them another drink. He said they didn't pay for it. She said, I said give them the other drink.
She then came over to us and apologized for his bad behavior telling us he is new and doesn't normally run the register, looking at our teen son and said you know how boys are.
So as I am writing all this down on the menus to go the girl brings our over dried out garlic knots. She them tells the lady in charge I am taking notes and that gets things stiring. She then brings over another set of fresh knots. Then she ask us what we ordered and re- added up the total of the bill and we were over charged so she then brings over the cash that we were over charged.
We gave the cash to the young girl who was waiting on the table trying to cover for her co-worker even though we ordered at the register where you pay before you get your food.
Food was very good but the circus was not worth the visit!
Manger/owner was trying to make good of the kids mistakes but it was a very strange visit.
Garlic knots had a bitter taste to them some type of spice that we didn't like, the 1st set was old and had sat around all day was so dried out and hard 2nd set was great but still bitter everything else was good!
Everyone in the kitchen was watching us and it was not a good feeling not sure what they were up to.
Will Never Return Again just to weird of a visit!

To top that off as we returned to our van we had a $32.00 parking fine. I was really upset because I was looking for a different place to eat at that I had read about on Trip Advisor and we couldn't find it! :~( Watch your parking meter at all times!
Will not return to this area ever again! Will go to Sunset Beach and get out before they eat us up again. At this point I was not going to spend another cent in the state of NJ!

1  Thank PAhitstheRoad
There are newer reviews for Mario's Pizza and Italian Eatery

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a good pizzeria. They had a variety of slices available both times I went here, and it was nice to be able to get two slices and a drink and have a quick and cheap dinner. They also have the other standard food, like pasta etc.
They do have outdoor seating as well.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We decided to grab some pizza and head to sunset beach for the evening. We searched Tripadvisor for the best pizza in Cape May. We called and ordered some pizza for the beach trip. The pizza was hot and freshly made and the staff was great. The pizza really lacked any pizzazz. The crust was, to be honest, like cardboard and the sauce lacked the zip we were looking for. I was hopping for a better pizza for the rating level of the pizza shops in Cape May.
BVnLJ

1  Thank BVnLJ
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Mario's duriing our vacation in Cape May. I had the vegetarian pizza and my husband had the margarita pizza. Both were excellent. The owner Mario was very hospitable and made up us feel at home. Nice place
Defintely will stop at Mario's next time we visit Cape May!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We visit here what was their first day back in business (Only open during the season). I felt the wait time to get our food was a little long. They give a nice portion of food. I got a Panini which is Hot pressed on Ciabetta Bread (Which I felt was too hard for my taste). Everyone enjoyed their mail which again was a nice portion definitely to fill you up.