“You've got to be kidding me”
Review of Cucina Rosa - CLOSED

Cucina Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cape May
“You've got to be kidding me”
Reviewed March 9, 2007

I have to wonder if any of the other reviewers have ever tasted real Italian food. My husband is Italian, and we both lived in northern NJ for many years. In northern NJ, there are many good Italian restaurants because there's a big Italian population there. So, when we moved to Cape May, we kept hearing the locals rave about Cucina Rose. We tried it. All I can say is that if you like the Olive Garden, I suppose you'll like Cucina Rosa, but if you're used to real
Italian food, you're not going to find it in Cape May and certainly not at Cucina Rosa.

Think of it this way and the mediocrity of Cucina Rosa makes sense: There is no critical mass of Italian people in the area, so there aren't that many people who can critique the food well. The people who are eating and Cucina Rosa and saying that its great are probably the same people who think Olive Garden has great food. Hey, if it works for them, fine. But not for me.

4 Thank misterdarcy

Chadds Ford, Pa.
“This Place is The BEST!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2006

After reading some of the negative reviews, I felt compelled to add in my opinion. First, I am 100% Italian and usually only eat italian cuisine at home. We tried Cucina Rosa on a whim and I cannot say enough about the palce. The food is EXCELLENT! (The Seafood Fra Diavalo is too die for!!) The portions are enormous and the wait staff is very attentive and knowledgable. We now bring our three children there and they all love it as well. The house wine is not bad, but I am certainly not an expert. If you are, I suggest grabbing a bottle of your favorite wine before you go. Make a reservation and request a table upstairs. We have eaten here for years and have never been disappointed. Remember, any place can have an off night, nothing is perfect and sometimes, sadly, people expect perfection. Please ignore the negative comments, this place is the best. We will be in town this fall and I will be making our reservation as soon as possible. You should too!!!

5 Thank mcmmom
New Jersey
“Best Italian in Cape May...by far!”
Reviewed July 25, 2006

I vacation in Cape May at least one week per year, usually two, and have eaten at most of the restaurants the town has to offer...especially all the Italian ones (Godmothers, Stumpos, Mangia Mangia etc.)...and Cucina Rosa is by FAR the best! Located at the end of the Washington Street Mall (across from Congress Hall), this gem offers outdoor seating (a must if the weather is nice) and some superb food. My personal favorite is the marinated Lamb Chops...absolutely perfect every time! My girlfriend loves the Chicken Oreganata and the Chicken Portofino...both great dishes too. The only disappointment ever was the lasagna, but we're both pretty picky about our pasta so that doesn't count lol! The Tartufo and the Tiramisu both make for a great finish to your meal. If you like great Italian food at reasonable prices, then do NOT leave Cape May without visiting Cucina Rosa at least once...you WILL go back again!

5 Thank Lust_For_Life
Scranton, PA
“Best meal we had in Cape May!”
Reviewed July 13, 2006

Just got back from our first visit to Cape May. The desk attendant at the La Mer reccomended Cucina Rosa to us. It was one of the best dining experiences of our lives. Both my wife and my grandparents were from Italy and their Marinara Sauce was onne of the best I have tasted, next to Grandma's. For an appetizer we split an order of mussels marainara, and cleaned up the sauce with their fabolous garlic bread.

Then we had the seasonal salad with the house dressing. Another delightful surprise.

We both had Chicken Portofino one of the house specialties and it did not disappoint.

We finished with a canolli. Very fresh and delicious.

Our server, Cassie made the experience the best. All the servers seemed to be top notch and very friendly.

They also have their sauce and dressing for sale, we took home a few bottles.

We will absolutely eat here every time we come to Cape May.

3 Thank philliesphan1001
North Central Jersey
“Rosa Cucina Restaurant is your average Italian restuarant”
Reviewed May 28, 2006

My wife and I dined here during the Memorial Day weekend. While the appetizers and entrees we selected were delicious, the portions were way too large. For anyone staying at an inn or B&B, it would be a waste unless you could bring it back and have it heated later. The tables are close together leaving a romantic candlelight dinner unlikely. The location at the end of the mall makes it convenient to mill about town after dining. If you are famiished and want a good Italian dinner without the fuss and willing to pay over $20 for chicken and pasta, then this is the place for you.

2 Thank TheSaavyTraveler