“Do not expect much”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Berkeley Heights
“Do not expect much”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Very disappointing, I would pass this one by. It is not cheap and the quality of the food leaves much to be desired.

Binghamton, NY
“Great Italian cuisine”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We dined here this summer on one of our Cape May trips. Cozy atmosphere, nice staff, great food. My wife had the Shrimp Oreganata and I had the Veal Piccata. Both were excellent choices. Warning -- the innocent looking peppers provided as a free appetizer are HOT!!!

New Jersey
“Fresh and delicious at a great price.”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Food was excellent, made with fresh ingredients and served in large portions, My husband's pasta with clam sauce must have had about a half pound of clams in it!
The bread was hot and freshly baked, the sausage was homemade and spicy.
Service was attentive even though the restaurant was filled.

The diminutive sized serving would have been sufficient for me, though my husband enjoyed the take-home for his midnight snack.

Brooklyn, NY
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This was my first visit to Cape May, NJ. My son and daughter-in-law were treating me to a weekend vacation. We went to Cucina Rosa on a Sat. evening for dinner. We were all looking forward to an enjoyable meal. What a disappointment. The ambiance was fine but the food was worse than terrible. The spaghetti which came with the veal dishes was precooked and then reheated. A true Italian can tell just by looking at the color of the pasta. The red sauce was horrible and tasted like supermarket jarred sauce. The three of us ordered two different veal dishes. The breading on my veal was soggy and it was so tough that I couldn't even chew it. My son's veal dish with mushrooms was soaked in oil. We left everything on our dishes. We are not people who send food back or complain and we didn't do it this time either but after leaving the restaurant my son was a bit upset with himself that he didn't say something about the poor quality of the food and how badly it was prepared. I felt bad that they actually had to pay for this meal. I can't believe some of the other reviews seen on this web site. I truly am perplexed as to how anyone could think that Cucina Rosa is a great restaurant. The only plus for the evening was the bottle of red wine that we brought along with us. Sorry Cucina Rosa but the food at your restaurant stinks.

PA Dutch Country
“Shrimp Oreganata... to die for!”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Cucina Rosa has a lovely menu, but we now go exclusively for the Shrimp Oreganata - like nowhere else! Every time we go to Cape May (approx 8x/year), we have to dine here - consistently delicious and delightful! Plus, easy access to Colliers for a great bottle of Chianti to accompany the meal :) ps...new "small plate" option is nice.