“Glad we chose this place”
Review of Cucina Rosa - CLOSED

Cucina Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
NJ
“Glad we chose this place”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We took a chance on this restaurant--knowing nothing about it except what we read on the menu posted outside. The idea of the "diminutive" menu caught our eyes, and since there was enough of a variety to choose from we decided to give it a try. When we walked in it was prior to 5PM, but we were graciously allowed to sit and wait. Our server, Tina, was very pleasant, attentive, and knowledgeable. I ordered the salmon and my hubby ordered the lamb chop--both from the diminutive menu. They were very accommodating with special requests for dressings/sauces on the side, and extra veggies in place of starch. The veggies were done perfectly, and both the meat and the fish were excellent. My husband had the soup special (pasta e fagiole) and said it was very good. I was happy with the salad special (greens with pears, strawberries, pecans and gorgonzola). The restaurant is not large, and for an off-season night, it had quite a number of tables filled when we left around 6--it seemed to have quite a few regulars. The only negative for me is that there is only one restroom, but it was clean and neat. I would recommend this as an enjoyable place to eat while in Cape May.

• Visited May 2014

North Arlington, New Jersey
“Bit of disappointed”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Muscles over loaded in oil with a bit of tomato sauce, too oily for our taste, plate loaded with oil, not appetizing to dip bread in, unless you like 100% oil. All 4 ordered the veal parm, and guess what, more oil than sauce...we ate but due to the overabundance of oil, no one ate the entire dinner.. this used to be a great place to eat, but not any more.....the Italian dishes are over powered with oil, and I mean oil, it is no where what it should be....if we used our bread to dip into any sauce it would have been only oil .....go somewhere else, like a pizza parla......sorry Cucina Rosa, but you were not really that good.....

Visited April 2014
1 Thank newjersey1949
New Jersey
“Dinner on the mall”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This Italian restaurant is dinner only and byob (but they also carry wine). The food and service are great. They also have a "diminutive" menu with smaller portions and price.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank SarahJerseyGirl
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Just Okay”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We really wanted to like this restaurant, but our experience was just okay. The atmosphere is very nice; however, the 2-person tables are extremely small. It felt like my plate could tip into my lap at anytime. We started out with a seasonal specialty salad with pears and walnuts. It would have been good but there was so much dressing on it, I could only eat half and what I did eat, I only tasted the dressing. The salads were $7.95 each; they were small appetizer size salads. Way too much to pay for a small salad that was drowning in dressing. I had the Tenderloin Tuscany, which is a filet stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, roasted red peppers and caramelized onions. There was about a pound of cheese in the middle of the steak; there were no roasted red pepper or caramelized onions to be found, just a lot of cheese. I couldn't even taste the steak, there was so much cheese. It was disgusting. My side of pasta was like school cafeteria pasta, at best. My husband had the Seafood Fra Diablo, which he enjoyed. For dessert, we had the Chocolate Dream dessert (others have posted pictures of it). We found the chocolate cake to be very dry. You had to eat the cake along with the whipped cream or ice cream, otherwise, it was rock hard. We paid $2.50 for a cup of coffee that was barley half full. Overall, we were very disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Alicia D
Columbus, New Jersey
“A Taste of Italy in Southern Most NEW JERSEY”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Most recently, we again drove down to Cape May, New Jersey (100 miles in 2 hours) just to have dinner at Cucina Rosa. We have enjoyed this Italian style restaurant for a number of years and we thoroughly enjoyed our most recent dining experience. Its a la carte menu is carefully devised with sufficient appetizer, salad, soup, entrée choices and is smartly divided between regular size entree priced/ portions and diminutive size and "priced" entrée portions. The "Chefs Specialities" and "nightly specials" are sure to please! My favorite appetizer is the Mussels Italiano in the red sauce and my favorite entrée is the Seafood Fra Diablo over linguine. Cucina Rosa (which is a B.Y.O.B. and opens at 5PM) is located within the Washington Street Mall adjacent to Perry Street. I strongly recommend you make a reservation!

• Visited October 2013