“bad service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We waited more than 50 minutes for our food to come and we ordered very simple meals. Waitress never refilled our water and when I asked her when our food is coming she said she is waiting for me to finish the salad. I was thinking like why would she let our food get cold.. but then again that was probably her excuse. We gave her additional 10 min and when she didn't show up we decided to speak with the manager. She had someone else bring our food and gave us a small discount. However, all that wait was not really worth it the quality of food vs the money (even with the discount).

1  Thank Selma D

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The food was awful tasting . It was the worst meal I ever ate in CAPE MAY , and I have been DINING@ CAPE MAY RESTURANTS SINCE 2000.I had CHICKEN PIZIOLA.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Second time there and looking forward to another great experience. Granted did not have a reservation and was greeted by a staff member who without delay started to look for a table.
The greeter suggested to go up the steps and my wife (74) said to me steps would be a problem.
Another server standing there became very snipy verbally and proceeded to give her attitude and opinion to me, while the greeter was finding another table for us. This person walked us to the table maintaining this attitude and non professional presentation. The lady who took care of us was just great. I must admit I almost got the feeling she (the one with the nasty presentation )did not like older people.

I must admit this presentation and attitude did leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

1  Thank R W T T
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were in Cape May to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and chose this restaurant based on the reviews and rankings on TripAdvisor - it was a really good choice. A really great selections of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts - we chose the special appetizer (rolled up Italian bread with chopped Italian sweet sausage, pepper and onions with garlic and lots of olive oil baked), two generous lamb chops (I chose the spaghetti with the home made "Rosa" marinara sauce . . my wife the potatoes and vegetables) for our main course, and we split the crème brulee and a double espresso for dessert. This is a BYOB restaurant (not that unusual for Cape May due to the exorbitant liquor license fees) . . so bring your own bottle of wine (no corkage fee!). A wonderful Italian dinner at a reasonable price given the high quality and lovely setting.

Will Workman, St. Michaels - Maryland

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great location with a unremarkable menu consisting of standard Italian fare. The "Diminutive Delights" menu provides ample food at a reasonable price. BYOB is a big plus. Gets crowded so a reservation is advised. Outside seating in nice weather. Pleasant staff and the "Chocolate Dream" dessert is quite impressive. Cannoli's are average, but served attractively.