“Fantastic - but make a reservation”
Review of Cucina Rosa - CLOSED

Cucina Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic - but make a reservation”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We tried to walk up and get a table for two. That was a mistake - they were booked solid until 9:00 pm. Worth the wait though! We shared the tortellini as an appetizer. They didn't look like tortellini, but they tasted incredible. The entrees were fantastic - seafood fra diavolo and chicken broccoli al fredo. AND they brought us the most beautiful and delicious loaf of bread before the meal was served, I would ABSOLUTELY go back here again. The waitress was fairly harried and clearly had a long day, but it didn't spoil the excellent meal.

2 Thank eyelove2eat

Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“It was decent food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm Italian so I compare places to the cooking I was brought up with.. It was average to me. Nothing to go crazy over. In Cape May I guess it was one of the better Italian places. I/m not sure I would go back... I'd rather make my own dinner. The staff was friendly and service was fast...

• Visited November 2011
Howell, New Jersey
“Great little Italian BYO”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food at Cucina Rosa is fantastic. Everybody in my party loved every part of their meal and the atmosphere is wonderdul. This is a quaint little byob place at the end of the outside mall area. The dishes are a little pricey and are all ala carte but they offer smaller portions for a little cheaper. Overall great experience and i highly recommend.

Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service- could not have been better.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We ate here with a party of 10 on a Sunday evening. We made reservations earlier in the day. Upon entering we were seated immediately. The age group in our party ranged from 2-50.

The servers couldn't have been friendlier. They did not rush us, answered every question, and provided excellent service.

The atmosphere was very relaxing.

Our food was out of this world . I had the mushroom trio which exploded with mushroom and garlic. My wife had the penne vodka which she loved. The bread and peppers served before dinner was excellent.

As to the earlier reviews about people being Italian and this isn't good Italian food. We all know Italians, and let 's face it, they can't be pleased unless it is there own Mommas cooking,

Please take note this is BYOB. (Bring your own bottle) beer and wine service which means that they don't serve alcohol, so come prepared.

This place is 5 stars and it earned every star. We will be back .

New York, New York, United States
“Tasteless”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

After reading reviews here, I expected -- at least -- a decent Italian dining experience. Wow... were we disappointed.

For starters, my wife went with the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella: The cheese had no flavor, nor did it have the soft, wet melt-in-your-mouth texture one finds in good, fresh mozzarella. The three thick slices of tomato also had no taste! The texture was fine, but there was NO TASTE! To make that more perplexing, there was what appeared to be a generous sprinkling of herbs on the tomato slices... but they had NO TASTE. And the olive oil was like some other tasteless, watery vegetable oil. We ended up adding a lot of salt and pepper--something neither of us ever does.

Overall, some items were "fair" tasting, but mostly the entire dinner reminded me of school cafeteria food.

We could hardly wait to leave, which we did after sampling half of our dinner. The nice waitress asked us if we wanted to take the remaining food. We said, no thanks, paid the bill, and quietly slipped back out into the night.

2 Thank Michael D