“Excellent food and service- could not have been better.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service- could not have been better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We ate here with a party of 10 on a Sunday evening. We made reservations earlier in the day. Upon entering we were seated immediately. The age group in our party ranged from 2-50.

The servers couldn't have been friendlier. They did not rush us, answered every question, and provided excellent service.

The atmosphere was very relaxing.

Our food was out of this world . I had the mushroom trio which exploded with mushroom and garlic. My wife had the penne vodka which she loved. The bread and peppers served before dinner was excellent.

As to the earlier reviews about people being Italian and this isn't good Italian food. We all know Italians, and let 's face it, they can't be pleased unless it is there own Mommas cooking,

Please take note this is BYOB. (Bring your own bottle) beer and wine service which means that they don't serve alcohol, so come prepared.

This place is 5 stars and it earned every star. We will be back .

New York, New York, United States
“Tasteless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

After reading reviews here, I expected -- at least -- a decent Italian dining experience. Wow... were we disappointed.

For starters, my wife went with the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella: The cheese had no flavor, nor did it have the soft, wet melt-in-your-mouth texture one finds in good, fresh mozzarella. The three thick slices of tomato also had no taste! The texture was fine, but there was NO TASTE! To make that more perplexing, there was what appeared to be a generous sprinkling of herbs on the tomato slices... but they had NO TASTE. And the olive oil was like some other tasteless, watery vegetable oil. We ended up adding a lot of salt and pepper--something neither of us ever does.

Overall, some items were "fair" tasting, but mostly the entire dinner reminded me of school cafeteria food.

We could hardly wait to leave, which we did after sampling half of our dinner. The nice waitress asked us if we wanted to take the remaining food. We said, no thanks, paid the bill, and quietly slipped back out into the night.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michael D
New Jersey
“Awesome meal!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Someone recommended this restaurant to us and it was everything they said it would be!!! It was within walking distance of our bed & breakfast...(at the end of the washington street mall). We saved a ton of money since its a BYOB and had a fabulous meal!! I had the Scallops Fra Diablo from the "diminutive" menu....(smaller portions) and it was MORE than enough and the best I've ever had!!! I would def eat at this restaurant again next time we are in Cape May.

Visited September 2012
Reading
“good place to eat and drink well for a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice restaurant with linen table cloths and napkins and yet is BYOB. Friendly and efficient service. I started with the crawfish fra diablo which was quite a large and tasty dish with lots of small crawfish. My wife had the Caesar salad and was happy with the strength and flavour of the dressing.

The menu currently on Zagat is out of date in terms of prices (actuals are slightly higher) and don’t show the smaller plate option for entrees which helps to keep price and volume down! I had a single lamb chop for my entrée which was large enough and delicious. My wife requested more shrimp and crab in place of scallops in her seafood fra diablo and thoroughly enjoyed.

Between the smaller plate option and the BYOB it can be a good place to eat and drink well for a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2012
Pennsylvania
“Great Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice italian restaurant, you are squeezed in but the food and service makes up for that. We started with delicious bread and peppers that had a kick to them. I don't do real spicy and what a lot of other reviews say about spicey is true but they warn you when you order so you know what to expect. I ordered the chicken oregonata, which was touted as spicey, I didn't think it was bad at all but I thought the topping was too much and dry. I wouldn't get it again. The chicken was very moist. The potatoes and veggies were awesome. My husband got a steak (forget what kind) and it was really good, it came with spaghetti and that was really good, the sauce so fresh and home made. We also tried the garlic bread and we ate every bite. We rolled out of the place fully satisfied. No desert, no room. Service very good, always there when you needed them. I would go back in a minute. Make reservations to avoid a wait!

• Visited September 2012