“Fine dining at its finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Verandah

La Verandah
Ranked #65 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Cape may
“Fine dining at its finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I ate here while visiting cape may and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The staff was kind and friendly. We were tended to by the whole staff, not just our waitress. A true team effort. Our meals were delicious. I consider myself a very picky eater and really enjoyed all of my meal, as did my husband. The atmosphere is relaxing and vibrant. The restaurant was spotless and clean. Most importantly, the staff, especially Allen, was very attentive to my food allergy. I spoke to him concerning my allergy before making reservations. He assured me I would be safe eating at the restaurant. I felt safe. I was pleasantly surprised when my meal arrived, served not by my waitress but by Allen, the manager, as he told me he watched my meal's preparation start to finish. Anyone who has a food allergy knows that eating out can be nerve racking. But not here. I was completely relaxed as I enjoyed my meal and this is all thanks to the staff. This restaurant will definitely be apart of our cape may visits in the future. A truly enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2014

Spring City, Pennsylvania
“Very nice restaurant with a beautiful verandah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Last week, during a visit to Cape May, my husband and I ate dinner at la Verandah. It's a beautiful place and since it was a beautiful evening we decided to sit out on the porch. The evening was special as it was our 46th wedding anniversary.

The owner/manager sent Prosecco out to us and joined us in a toast, and after that, we had a lovely dinner. My husband began with delicious mussels in a very good sauce and I had a mozzarella salad which was served with think slices of tomatoes and presented as a tower---huge, refreshing, and very good.

For dinner I had the special pasta with shrimp and scallops and my husband had bronzino--cooked perfectly.

Dessert was apple tart, made on the premises and served with ice cream.

All in all, a lovely evening with excellent service and delicious food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ellen G
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a group of 10 visit La Verandah for the first time! We loved it. The service was fabulous and the food was excellent with great selections at reasonable prices.
The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet unlike many other noisy busy restaurants in Cape May.We had a nice round table also that allowed for better conversation with a large group.

We look for a new place every year but may very well go back here! Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“We eat here every year in Cape May...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We've eaten here many times. It's always a really nice meal, not overly crowded, great service, (BYOB), relaxing and enjoyable. The food is excellent, with a nicely varied menu. Give it a try!

• Visited September 2012
Lewes, Delaware
“Good food and service, but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Lobster bisque and mozzarella/tomato appetizers were delicious and well-presented. My Imperial Seafood Galette was excellent, but my wife's Scallops Flambe was only so-so. Service was very friendly and prompt. At $30 per entree, we were not overly impressed.

• Visited August 2013