“After a shaky start, a wonderful meal”
Review of The Merion Inn

The Merion Inn
Ranked #22 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, NJ
“After a shaky start, a wonderful meal”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had reservations for 5:30 in the main dining room, since my wife wanted to be close enough to hear the piano player during dinner.. At 5:45, we were seated out on the porch, some distance from the piano. When we objected, we were told there was no indication in the computer that we had reserved a dining room table. When we suggested we would not be happy with the table and would rather leave, we were accommodated by the hostess with a very nice corner table nearer the piano. The greeter needs some work on his people and computer skills, IMHO.

Once seated, the meal and experience were everything we had expected from a house with such a fine reputation. The stuffed lobster was fabulous, the service attentive and the night was saved. We would definitely dine here again.

Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic as always!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been coming here for years and the food & service has never changed. And if possible BETTER!. There lobster stuff with crab imperial is sooooooooo good! as well as there filet ! Thank you so much for a great restaurant and also entertainment. My husband & I have a favorite spot to sit - near the Grand piano & the picture "classy". We were so sorry to hear of George's passing and now Eriks' Our deepest sympathy to you Vicki & your family.

Branchville, NJ
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I just stumbled across this restaurant, not knowing anything about it. We were looking at their menu on their outside door when a woman walked out saying how great it was. We decided to try it and it was just what the woman outside told us. We had their three course dinner for $35 plus tax and tip. It came with a choice of about 10 different appetizers, 10 different dinners and 10 different desserts. I had the Apple, Walnut, Gorgonzola Cheese salad for appy, Salmon for dinner with Wasabi mashed potatoes and Asian slaw and chocolate torte for dessert. My husband had scungilli salad for appy, Sea Scallops (6 very large scallops) with two sides and strawbery shortcake. When it came time for dessert, we were so stuffed our waitress, Kathy, who by the way was exceptional, packed up our desserts to take back to our hotel. I wouild highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Loves_Traveling_61
Binghamton
“Everyone Has A Bad Night”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Generally one of my favorites. This year was a total disaster. They totally overbooked, reservations running an hour late, could not relax because of all the waiting customers. Bar was packed four deep. Food was fair at best. Waitstaff was good and apologetic. Better if I hadn't gone, my previous years were so much better

Visited September 2012
The Villages, Florida
“Good food in a historical setting.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have made several trips to Cape May, NJ, not only to see the beautiful old Victorian homes, but to enjoy a special eating experience at one of the many wonderful restaurants there. The Merion Inn is one of them. The building dates back to 1898, and still has the charm of that era. It's a local favorite for good reason. The Lobster Imperial was the best I can remember having, the potato cup was the chef's specialty, a good selection of wine, and we thoroughly enjoyed the apple/gargonzola/walnut salad. There was a piano player in the bar area, but it was very noisy and crowded the evening we were there. I would have enjoyed the evening more had there been more space between tables. I felt cramped. The service was excellent, even tho' our waiter had some difficulty handling several tables. Overall, it was a very pleasant evening.