“Fantastic as always!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been coming here for years and the food & service has never changed. And if possible BETTER!. There lobster stuff with crab imperial is sooooooooo good! as well as there filet ! Thank you so much for a great restaurant and also entertainment. My husband & I have a favorite spot to sit - near the Grand piano & the picture "classy". We were so sorry to hear of George's passing and now Eriks' Our deepest sympathy to you Vicki & your family.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I just stumbled across this restaurant, not knowing anything about it. We were looking at their menu on their outside door when a woman walked out saying how great it was. We decided to try it and it was just what the woman outside told us. We had their three course dinner for $35 plus tax and tip. It came with a choice of about 10 different appetizers, 10 different dinners and 10 different desserts. I had the Apple, Walnut, Gorgonzola Cheese salad for appy, Salmon for dinner with Wasabi mashed potatoes and Asian slaw and chocolate torte for dessert. My husband had scungilli salad for appy, Sea Scallops (6 very large scallops) with two sides and strawbery shortcake. When it came time for dessert, we were so stuffed our waitress, Kathy, who by the way was exceptional, packed up our desserts to take back to our hotel. I wouild highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Loves_Traveling_61
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Generally one of my favorites. This year was a total disaster. They totally overbooked, reservations running an hour late, could not relax because of all the waiting customers. Bar was packed four deep. Food was fair at best. Waitstaff was good and apologetic. Better if I hadn't gone, my previous years were so much better

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have made several trips to Cape May, NJ, not only to see the beautiful old Victorian homes, but to enjoy a special eating experience at one of the many wonderful restaurants there. The Merion Inn is one of them. The building dates back to 1898, and still has the charm of that era. It's a local favorite for good reason. The Lobster Imperial was the best I can remember having, the potato cup was the chef's specialty, a good selection of wine, and we thoroughly enjoyed the apple/gargonzola/walnut salad. There was a piano player in the bar area, but it was very noisy and crowded the evening we were there. I would have enjoyed the evening more had there been more space between tables. I felt cramped. The service was excellent, even tho' our waiter had some difficulty handling several tables. Overall, it was a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went during Restaurant Week so that may have impacted the experience ... BUT ... Had reservations for 8:15pm for 4 people... Arrived early to have a drink at the bar .. The bartenders were very good, and drinks reasonably priced. The reason for the rating is that we were not seated until 9:15 ... A full hour after our reservation!!! I understand that most places cannot guarantee an exact time ... But with a reservation, I believe a place should seat you within 20 minutes of that reservation time. After seating ... Service also seemed slower than expected. On the plus side ... The food was excellent .... Favors and ingredient combinations made for a great meal.