“Change routine - but excellence still shines through.”
Review of The Merion Inn

The Merion Inn
Ranked #21 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2012

First, kudos to the Merion for featuring Mr. Mesterhazy on their web page and the charities he worked at. A class act for a class man.

We did Late Bird this year – 8:30 on Sunday – great. Not only piano but a flutist as well (unscheduled) – I had the Ginger Glazed Salmon with wasabi potatoes. Sat in middle section for first time with a great view of the musicians. My wife had Veal Scallopini coated in melted provolone – she loved it - it was one of the most romantic moments we have had and we give praise to our musicians - they have a tough act to follow but they did well.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Merion Inn was beautiful inside. We had the filet mignon and it was the best filet mignon I've had. Little disappointing they didnt have a chocolate cake on the menu for dessert.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

My parents have been coming to Cape May for as long as I can remember. For them, a quintessential Cape May activity includes a dinner at the Merion Inn. They enjoy the welcoming atmosphere, food and piano. This visit however was quite a disappointment. Our food was well prepared as always, however our server was curt and rather frosty. Being in the restaurant business firsthand, I am extremely understanding that some evenings (especially preseason) can be understaffed or whathaveyou. But this was excessive. It's too bad that one evening of inhospitality can overshadow many visits of positive family memories.

1  Thank Review927
Reviewed May 15, 2012

never tried this restaurant in the 20 years we have been visiting cape may. Steak was just OK, potatoes tasted liked boxed, server did not even smile...made us feel like we were inconveniencing her by asking for something. Don't waste your money go to 410 bank st instead.....they now how to service with a smile and serve top notch meals.

1  Thank liz c
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The piano bar and drinks are great but my husband and I think that Merion Inn has the best food in Cape May. Steaks are ALWAYS outstanding and the Inn's food is always consistent.