“Nice mid upscale dinner”
Review of 410 Bank Street

410 Bank Street
Reserve with OpenTable
410 Bank Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 145 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. Dining in the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, the dream continues with the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Henry Sing Cheng, whose original creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2012." (Open Seasonally April - early October)
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Me and two friends ate there. We all tried the specials that evening. I had a seafood medley with a small cut of steak. It was well prepared but I would say a bit more pricy for the value. However I loved the atmosphere it was so unique to be in what seemed like a tent yet eating a casual near fine dining meal. They also has imported sodas from France that were really tasty, a good choice if you are not going to drink.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We dined here with our adult children and their spouses recently and try to do so at least once a summer. As always, service was exceptional, ambience lovely, and food delicious with one (a big one) exception. Seafood entrees were great, as were the appetizers and desserts. Every one of them was a winner! Although the restaurant was very busy on the night we came, the courses were timed perfectly.

However, I can only assume that they've started cutting corners regarding prep time and/or with the quality of NY strip used for the formerly fabulous "410 steak". Lots (and I mean lots) of fat and gristle were hidden by the chef's signature sauce. For $40 per entree, I'd much rather have a slightly smaller, well-trimmed portion than deal with having to scrape off the sauce and do the trimming myself! So three of us were pretty disappointed. If we go again, I guess I'll order something else, which is a shame--I used to love it!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food alone doesn't justify a visit to this noisy and very cramped restaurant. Beautiful outdoor entrance feels like being down South, but the noisy and chaotic dining room looked and sounded like a bad episode of Jersey Shore. Our server, Bill, was exceptional, but we won't be back due to the atmosphere.

1  Thank mikenamy
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It has been a few, maybe more than a few, good years since we had the pleasure of dining at 410. I suggested to my bride that we head down to Cape May for Mother's Day and dine at 410. The outdoor garden is more finished than I had recollected, but still a lovely setting. Amazingly the chef is still the same one who presided over the kitchen in the early and mid 90s. Much of the menu seemed familiar and to both of us that was a good thing. Indeed the tuna with black bean sauce was as good or better than I could remember. Sadly the Mahi Mahi with shitaki is off the menu replaced by a cocunut crust. The steak is as good as ever. Our app of crab which we shared was awesome. The key lime pie helped me remember why I fell in love with key lime pie years ago.

Thomas Mann? was wrong, you can go home again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ate here twice last year at same time (mid-May). First experience was the best. Had the same signature appetizer (medallions of mako shark in a honey/ginger dressing. Excellent. The red snapper was good but not very moist and had a lot of salsa on top. My wife had swordfish and thought is was OK but wasn't thrilled with the sauce topping. Generous portions, so go there hungry.