“One of our honeymoon dining spots”
Review of 410 Bank Street

410 Bank Street
Reserve with OpenTable
410 Bank Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. Dining in the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, the dream continues with the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Henry Sing Cheng, whose original creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2012." Please call restaurant directly for parties larger than 6. (609) 884-2127
Milford, New Jersey
“One of our honeymoon dining spots”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Friends had given us a gift card to the Bank Street Restaurants for our recent wedding, knowing we were coming down here for our honeymoon.

The staff had your comfort as a priority. Our first two tables were in the outside area, and I was visibly cold, so they made sure we had a table that was in the inside.

The portions are HUGE! We are not big eaters, so we were able to use our very generous gift card at both restaurants during our stay! I had the Mesquite chicken, he had the lamb medallions (special). Both were outrageous!

My only suggestion would be smaller/half portions of some dishes!!!

Also, I would suggest reservations. Both of ours were at 6:00 and they filled quickly!

• Visited October 2012

• Greek first
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“excellent!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A little bit of Key West in Cape May. You enter through lush foliage and the house is very tropical in feeling. Excellent food - lovely decore - wonderful service.

Visited September 2012
Old Bethpage, New York
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Loved that the restaurant had a creole theme to the food - very different. The swordfish special was terrific. We were sitting on the screened in wrap around porch which was a bit too dark - the sunken dining room seemed like it would have been much nicer. So glad that we read ahead of time about their BYOB policy so we were able to bring a much nicer wine than we probably would have bought at inflated restaurant prices.

Visited September 2012
Millville, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fabulous”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Such a fantastic restuarant! Paul, our waitor, was the absolute BEST! I am highly allergic to shellfish and he took such good care to make sure that nothing was cross contaminated. The baby rack of lamb was AMAZING!!! I will definitely be back! :)

• Visited September 2012
Vineland
“Phenomenal Food & Service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my 1st time experiencing a restaurant in Cape May and I have to say that 410 Bank Street did not disappoint.The food on the menu was very unique and all very exceptional. I tried the Shark for an appetizer and it was outstanding. For my meal I tried the Jamaican Steak and that was also outstanding. Our waiter Paul, is the best of the best. He has been a waiter there for the past 18 years and is very knowledgeable about the history of the restaurant. We did have someone in our party that had a shellfish allergy and the kitchen and staff paid very close attention so no contamination happened. All in all, I will definitely be visiting 410 Bank Street again and recommending this restaurant to all I know.

• Visited September 2012