“Good italian cuisine”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Brossard, Canada
“Good italian cuisine”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a reservation for 7:30 and waited a good 30-45 minutes before getting seated. We were thinking of leaving but we stayed. I don't know if it's always like that there but if it is they should distance the reservations or not take them. It's a little rude... Anyhow once in, the menu has te usual italian fare, veal parm, bolognese, meat balls, sausages, alfredo, etc..I had the veal parm. It was very good. It's a BYOB so we had good wine...My friends also enjoyed their meal.

• Visited July 2013

Philadelphia
“A tuly surprisingly AMAZING meal......”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After spending the entire day on the beach, we were a little lazy with hurrying to find a restaurant and make a reservation. We decided to try Godmother's in Cape May. Since it was after 8:00PM we were able to get a table quickly. We did not realize it was a BYOB, but that is OK. They do serve wine by the bottle. Even better, there is a huge liquor store right across the street. This store had one of the largest collections of wine I have ever seen. The Bruschetta is the best I ever had. I recommend the lasagna. Also, there are booths in the back and you can request them. Some of the other seats are a little bit on top of each other. The booths are private. The meal was not expensive. For the 2 of us, it was around $52.00!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Still very good but losing ground....”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been eating at Godmother's for over ten years now whenever I get down to Cape May, which is not as often anymore since I moved to central Pa. and it is not as close. However, I just got back from a trip to southern N.J. and took my friends to Godmother's for dinner. While the food was still very good (more to follow on that) I was disappointed that they have gone to a totally a la carte menu. To give you an example of what I mean; I am Italian and, to me, a house salad should be a given (at least, in an Italian restaurant) when you select an entre without having to order a separate one. Back to the food. A couple of us ordered the crab and leek soup which was absolutely fantastic. (The soup rescued a "very good" rating for the food.) Just the perfect blend of flavors (the smoked bacon that was added certainly was a fine addition) with the right touch of seasoning for the additional "bite". After a bit of indecision, I ordered the shrimp Scampi which was, I am disappointed to say, average at best. The shrimp was a bit overcooked and therefore tough and the peppers tasted were tasteless and with a dry, paperlike quality. In summary, Godmother's is still a nice place to eat but not the "can't miss" that I used to describe to my acquaintances when recommending it to them.

Rhode Island
“Great BYOB in Cape May”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A great little Italian BYOB on Broadway and West Perry. The food and service were wonderful. Nice selection of Italian favorites. If you forgot that it is a BYOB not to worry, liquor store is right across the street! Do yourself a favor when you are in Cape May, have diner at Godmother's. My wife and I walke there from Congress Hall. Less than 1/2 a mile. Made for a nice after dinner walk down Broadway to Beach Ave.

Cape May NJ
“Always a perfect meal.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is one of my wife's and I favorite place to eat.Pam is always there too make your dinner even nicer,she come over to the table for small talk and is always nice.Our favorite waiter is always Jack,we always ask for him,he always is very nice and helpful and makes you feel always wanted there.There food is always perfect,and very good.Chef and owner Chris is always coming out and checking on things too,to make sure everything is going good.

1 Thank OutsiderCapeMayNJ