“great dinner”

Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great dinner”
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We ate with friends in april 2008 and it was great. We went for the early dinner (seating between 5-5:30pm) which was inclusive but one in our party ordered a regular meal also. Our food came quick and hot but not rushed. The food was delicious! The fresh baked bread was good. I really enjoyed the tortellini bolognese. The choclate mousse was good. One diner (age over 60) said it was the best shrimp scampi ever and another friend raved about the tiramisu. Even though we came early we were not rushed out and were able to enjoy dessert and visit with family & friends.

Hopewell Jct, NY
“Very good. Great calamari....”
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Excellant calamarie, pasta on both our dishes cooked perfect. Service was very good, seemed like they had abundant staff. We asked for a little extra sauce for the calamrie, and the waiter quickly returned with a soup bowl full! Only down side was the marinara sauce for the calamarie was lacking flavor, but sauce on pasta dish was much better.
Would go back.

NJ
“Nothing special; unaccommodating management”
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We visited Godmother's in early October 2007 for the first time. Food was ok, though nothing special. Fried calamari appetizer, actually, was very good -- tender inside, crispy outside -- though the roasted garlic aioli that came with it was somewhat lacking in flavor. Caesar salad was ok, though I received no croutons, which I generally look forward to on my Caesar salad. Veal parm was just alright; certainly not the best veal I've ever had as others have reported. Portion was very generous (the veal at least; not so the accompanying pasta), but taste was nothing special. The most unfortunate thing however, was that the manager was unacceptably and inexplicably unaccommodating, refusing a request to turn down the music so that our semi-private area in front could hear toasts from the other members of our group, apparently because the entire restaurant was on a single volume control, and other diners not in our group would supposedly be inconvenienced by her turning down the volume. Certainly not much of a reasonable or accommodating response on the management's part to a request that could have been very easily accommodated.

Wildwood Crest
“Great Dinner and Excellant Service”
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We went to Godmother's with friends on 9/29. I made reservations and was glad I did. It was hoping for a late September night. We were seated promptly. Our appetizers and entree were wonderful. The veal was the tastiest I've had in a long time. Despite the crowd, we were not rushed and enjoyed a delicious desert and coffee. After watching the Phillies lose on TV, it was a great pick-me-up.

1 Thank edward2113
jeannie
“Caterpillars in the food.”
Reviewed September 11, 2006

There was a large caterpillar in my salad. The salad is extra here...$5.50 for a house salad. No extra charge for the caterpillar. I was disgusted. Once I figured out they didn't wash the lettuce, I wondered about the overall cleanliness of the place.

I would not recommend it.

8 Thank jeannie129