“Will never go back”
Review of A Ca Mia

A Ca Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
A Ca Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Gloucester City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will never go back”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Dinner on 10-06-12, what a mistake. Nice outside seating and the inside was nice as well. We started our meal outside but it started to spritz out so we were brought inside. I ordered the vegetable soup, which was barely warm. Then we ordered the bruschetta, that was so tangy I couldn't eat it, a first for me. For my entree, I ordered spaghetti with marinara, that was VERY al dente, so I hardly ate that as well. My husband had the veal parm and he was also disappointed in his meal. I have never emailed a restaurant to complain about a meal, just usually live and learn, but since the entire meal from start to finish was just not enjoyable, I felt I had to let them know. I sent an email to the manager,10-8-12 still haven't received a reply. It was almost as though the chef or cook didn't check anything before it was sent out. Our waiter was the most enjoyable part of our experience. We did not complain about any of it, but since I sent back everything hardly touched you would think someone would start asking questions? Our waiter asked if we wanted boxes and our answer was "NO"! We didn't even dare try dessert. The iced tea & bread were good though!! I stopped at Primos for a mixed cheese hoagie to bring back to our B&B. My $7 hoagie was better than my $14.50 spaghetti with marinara and NO MEAT (Vegetarian). Thank goodness for Primos!!!

• Visited October 2012

Millville
“Very Average”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant on a recommendation this past w/e. The atmosphere was nice. The first thing that we were told from our server was its "ala cart" (salad not included). My wife ordered shrimp scampi; no flavor, bland. I got the Ravioli Sampler; plain, couldn't taste any lobster.
We ordered the Grilled Portabello Mushroom; this was the best part of the meal.
Service was slow, had to ask for more water,bread.
Not worth the $$$$

• Visited October 2012
Bridgeville, Delaware
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate outside on a beautiful sunny day. The food was delicious - loved the bread. Great choice. It was especially nice sitting outside & watching people enjoying their visit to Cape May.

Visited September 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Outdoor seating, AWESOME atmosphere. It may be the best on that strip”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

AWESOME atmosphere outdoor seating. It may be the best on that strip for people-watching.

Was BYOB and they really took care of us ....we had a lot of beer that needed bottles opened. They even gave us a bucket of ice. lol.

Service was very good. Food very good. We were not rushed. Therefore I tipped huge.

When I go back that's the only place I'll go.

Not one complaint from me, but I'm easy.

• Visited November 2011
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Dinner on Wed Sept 19”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visited on a friend's recommendation. Arrived at 7:30PM, place was pretty empty, our waiter William took care of us promptly with a smile - since it was our first time there, we asked for recommendations and he was pretty forthcoming with his favorites (even if they weren't the most expensive on the menu). I liked that. The bread was good, the caesar salad excellent. My lasagana was superb. My wife had an appetizer, the smoked fish platter, as her entree and it was not memorable .... the canelloni for dessert made up for it !

We would return !