“Pick another restaurant to enjoy”

Aleathea's Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aleathea's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in season on the beachfront in Victorian Cape May. Plus, we have a beachfront patio where you can enjoy cocktails and light fare.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would not suggest bringing a family to this restaurant, they are not child friendly at all. We were seated by a very loud table of woman that made it hard to carry on our own table conversation. My father has very limited eyesight, I was trying to read the menu to him and it was so loud in the restaurant he could not even hear me. I ordered a dish for my son, the wrong dish came out therefore the waitress had to enter his order again. While my son waited for his dinner I gave him a hand held game to entertain him while the adults started to eat before the food got cold. The hostess came to our table and told us to turn down the game he was playing but did not say a word to the table behind us disrupting the entire restaurant. My suggestion is to pick a different restaurant to enjoy. We only went out to dinner one time on our trip and unfortunately picked this restaurant, which was a bust. They will let one table of women scream the entire meal and have the nerve to ask a child to stop playing when THEY screwed up his menu choice. Take my adive, go somehwere else. I will not be back to this restaurant. Rude hostess, so-so food, very loud atmosphere, not kid-friendly.

3  Thank Melissa R

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Adjacent to the historic Cape May Inn, this restaurant features “first seating” (early bird) and regular dinner menus. Convenient, free parking is across the street for restaurant guests.

We were a party of two and made first seating reservations the day before. We arrived as expected and were seated immediately. First seating featured and included a glass of wine, soup or salad, an entrée of your choice, and desert – all reasonably priced. Since we were introduced to www.restaurant.com through a friend, we came prepared with a self-printed $15-off coupon. All foods have excellent presentations and the portion size is generous. We selected two different wines, the same delectable soup, and different entrées: grouper (absolutely perfect!) and the crab cake (delicious, but could have been hotter). Our fantastic desserts consisted of a chocolate mousse with brownie and the zesty key lime pie. Our total bill including the coupon and tip was only $33 – you can not beat this for two, full-course dinners at the Jersey shore!!

This restaurant a MUST if you’re going to be in the Cape May area.

1  Thank Michael6203
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recommend the Wild Berry pancakes, but the salmon benedict also good. Nice environment, and pleasant service.

1  Thank Metaldog213
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thanks for restaurant.com, we had a discount towards our meal. We arrived at the early seating time to get the most for our money. Early seating means a glass of wine or tomato juice, salad or soup, discounted samplings of appetizers if you choose, cheaper prices on most of the entrees regularly listed and your choice from several delicious desserts. We had the tasty house salad, which was not your typical house salad. For our entrees we had Mahi Mahi blackened and the Salmon dishes. Our meals were laid out like a work of art. Finally the desserts were Lemon tart, yummmmmmmmm and chocolate mousse which was light after a heavy meal. Our waitress was on top of things and very professional. We had a wonderful experience an our bill only ended up being about $31 for the both us!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel doesn't mind if you sit on their porch. We had one of their signature drinks, and my boyfriend enjoyed a cigar. They also have many antiques inside to look at.