“Always excellent.”

Ranked #33 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving fresh simple seafood dishes here on Jackson Street since 1980. All our desserts are made right here each morning. Stop by the Chocolate Bar where we have the most delicious Artisan chocolate being made in the beautiful USA! Call for current hours. Our hostess is here at 4. We do not seat any children after 6pm - that is when we begin adult swim. Have fun in Cape May and thanks for stopping by!
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had another outstanding meal @ Louisa's on Saturday. The best. We go every time we're @ the Cape. Expect cozy, byo, healthy in a good way, blackboard menu, excellent, house made desserts.

There are newer reviews for Louisa's Cafe

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Food is ok.been going there on and off for 10 years now only because my wife has a very bland palate but please give another option other than cabbage and rice and devein your shrimp!!!!!!and season your food.

1  Thank Bollox99
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The food is ok - at best. I'm not really a fan of looking around the room and seeing the same sides on everyone's plate. It makes me think, really? That's all the effort/creativity the kitchen can muster up for a $30 entrée? On top of the food issue, I'm a little confused by their BYOB policy. A word of warning: if you're thinking of leaving your hotel and picking up a nice bottle of white wine to go with the fish you plan or ordering -- make sure it's plenty chilled before you arrive. For insurance reasons (yes, that's what we were told!), they do not provide ice buckets to chill your beverage. What's next -- bring your own fork??

3  Thank Theresa A
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have been traveling to Cape May for over 25 years and we never miss having one of our dinners at Louisa's. Louisa's is a very small and casual BYO restaurant just off Washington Street Mall. The restaurant seats about 20 people and can get booked so reservations are a must (you can only call a week ahead so plan accordingly). The food is freshly prepared with lots of seafood, some vegetarian options and one beef option-a hanger steak which was added a couple years ago. On this visit I began my meal with the fresh Jersey tomato with feta and vinaigrette. I live from year to year for this salad. No matter how I try I cannot duplicate the vinaigrette they serve! My main was the crab cakes with homemade tarter sauce another of my favorites. Others in our party had the hanger steak, the swordfish and blue fish with hot pepper spices. All said they were delicious. Try to save room for dessert which are all homemade by Louisa herself. I didn't have room for my own dessert so I got to sample those that were ordered at our table. These were the Chocolate pot de creme, Chocolate bread pudding and the apple cobbler. All were delicious. If you have your heart (or mouth) set on a particular dessert you may want to order it when you place your order for your meal because they can run out. We had another fabulous meal at Louisa's.

1  Thank Jean O
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cute ambiance. Intimate setting. Dishes didn't seem special as I expected from other reviews. The experience started out unimpressive with the bread. No bread plates offered, bread was pedestrian and bland with only mass produced butter rectangles. Bread is so easy to buy right, inexpensive and shows attention. Had the mediterranean platter and it was average. The platter included 4 almonds, 8 grapes, 2 cherries, and a few candied figs and walnuts. The eggplant was tasty. Wife had peanut noodle salad which was tasty. I ordered salmon for entree. It was good, but a little over done. Wife had bluefish with a nice aloi sauce. Very reasonable prices, good service, but not speacial.

1  Thank EFeldhake