“Excellent all around!”

Union Park Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Park Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Street
Transit: n/a
Description: Across from the ocean, this elegant dining room serves classic American food with a special touch. Union Park Dining Room received New Jersey Monthly Magazine's 2005 thru 2016 Critics Choice Award as one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. Working his magic behind the scenes, chef John Schatz has overseen the kitchens of some sophisticated eateries in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, including the former Maureen's in Cape May. The large, spacious dining rooms with their fireplaces, cherry & mahogany furniture & antique fixtures are romance personified. Settle in for a memorable meal. Private dining rooms available from 8 to 42 guests. Banquet Facilities: Located in the historic Hotel Macomber, union park dining room is available for both casual & elegant parties, receptions, special occasion dinners or complete weddings. Our facility can host groups up to 130 people, depending on the type of reception you desire.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were here the weekend after Labor Day and it was recommended by the owner of John Wesley Inn. It was one of the best meals of the year! I had the salmon which was a large piece, perfectly cooked. My husband had the filet which was butter knife perfect. We had the Turdo wine which was fine and reasonably priced. All around, an excellent experience in fine dining at Cape May!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Union Park definately is a very pretty restauant,particularily the Library room. The service while good could be a little more polished. There was a man serving some dishes(posibly the owner??) that was dressed like he was a patron there for dinner, The food is very good, rather limited menu, but everything we ordered was very good. Unfortuanately there was a screaming child that had to be taken outside a couple of times right next to us, I do not understand why parents would take a child out at that hour of the evening when there are so many family orientated noisy, casual restauants that would be better suited for them.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Fantastic dining experience. Food was fabulous...we had seafood starter and short rib and strip steak for main which was cooked perfectly. Atmosphere on porch or inside was very nice and attentive service. One of the best meals. On the pricey side buy byob made it reasonable and worth it

1  Thank debnjusa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Returned to this restaurant again and it was just as good as I remembered. Good american food, great service. Pricey, but most of the fine dining restaurants in Cape May are comparable price wise. I got what I paid for.

1  Thank MatzoConPollo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I typically lower my food expectations when eating at the Jersey Shore, but Union Park surprised me. My wife and I have eaten there a couple of times now, and the food is consistently excellent. This past weekend, my wife and I ordered the lobster tail, and I have to say that it was absolutely THE BEST lobster tail I've ever had. Excellent preparation, very tasty and the most tender lobster I've had. This is a BYOB so make sure you bring a great bottle of wine to go with the excellent food.

1  Thank Pete S