“Crowded but good seafood”
Review of The Lobster House

The Lobster House
Ranked #15 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
“Crowded but good seafood”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We waited 30 minutes to sit when we did they sat us inside overlooking the water with high chair for baby. We ordered clam chowder delicious and lobster house app that had baked clam oyster Rockefeller anf baked mussels one dish it was good nice big salad with fresh bread came with my whole broiled lobster entree I ordered the red akinned potatoes yummy and home made apple sauce

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for seafood”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I am more familiar with seafood prices of Northern Jersey so maybe I'm a little biased but I thought the prices were adequate. I tried the fried seafood combination which was pretty good but not exactly satisfying. I definitely recommend getting an appetizer. Birch beer was decent but nothing to write home about. The best part about the experience was the outside deck that had plenty of seating at least when we were there (around 1pm on Thursday). I would avoid going around 7pm when we saw a huge line and a crowd waiting outside.

• Visited August 2014
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Must try!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

3....2....1...Go grab a number at the counter. Grab a menu. When you're ready, place your order and pay. Grab beer. Start hawking for a table on the busy dock. Hover over people who are almost finished eating. Stake your claim! Listen for your number over the loudspeaker and pick up your food. Very fast paced and interesting fish market type atmosphere. Loved it. Can see why people leave bad reviews, if you don't know the drill it can be a little intimidating! Food was delicious! Yum! Will definitely go back!

Vincentown, New Jersey
“Great Cape May Experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Been going for YEARS!! Loved for years getting their seafood in the store and taking home and cooking,like their seafood buckets. In recent years ordering food to eat on the Deck. Food is good, quick and a fun time with friends. Eat outside! I've not eaten inside forever. Strictly an outside time. No waitresses. No tipping, just grab a seat wait till your number is called and pig out! Nothing fancy, a seafood eating good time.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is the worst!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

First of all they do not take reservations and for some strange reason, this place gets very busy very quickly. We got to the restaurant at 5pm. I ordered the lobster linguini with butter and garlic sauce. The butter tasted like the butter used for popcorn at movie theater. I was super sick all night and spent the better part of the evening in the bathroom. Be careful this place is not good!!!!!

• Visited August 2014