“Fresh Reliable Dining”

The Lobster House
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The seafood is always fresh and reliable, the atmosphere nostalgic and nautical. Avoid the wait and visit off season, although you will miss the outdoor seating and Raw Bar.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Yes in winter even it is packed and it is LARGE! So that tells you something. We were afraid it would be too touristy but hey, we are tourists. And lots of locals there too, we chatted w/a few. Place has a more casual atmosphere for a seafood place, but we thought food was high-end, but reasonable prices. The prime rib my husband had was the largest I've ever seen served someone. I had crab imperial and it was such a generous portion, I had to take some home; that never happens! Agree w/other reviews that the hot bread they bring is awesome. Food came out quick. Sort of loud b/c so large and busy a place, and the tables sort of close together, but still has nice atmosphere on the water there w/lots of windows.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was fine, just fine. I've eaten in restaurants like this many times. It's nothing special, nothing great, nothing bad, just average. They do give you some really yummy garlic bread, that was the best part.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We loved the lobster house so much on our trip north that we dinned there again on our return visit. Both times fresh fresh food with friendly accommodating servers. Can't wait to return

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Ive lived in the area for 30 years and never made it to the Lobster House until last night. Staff was very friendly and attentive. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is so/so, Alright, on with the review! 2 apps, 2 salads, 2 entrees and 4 glasses of white wine $90 without tip. I highly recommend the raw oysters for an app. They tasted great and were a perfect size... Not too big! Kristie had the Flounder Francaise and I had the special, seafood medley served over penne pasta in a sambuca sauce. Flounder was really good but not as good as Chef Vola's. House White was very good at $6 a glass. I am sorry it took me this long to dine at the Lobster House. Cant wait to go back!