“Great Seafood Restaurant!”

The Lobster House
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Ive lived in the area for 30 years and never made it to the Lobster House until last night. Staff was very friendly and attentive. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is so/so, Alright, on with the review! 2 apps, 2 salads, 2 entrees and 4 glasses of white wine $90 without tip. I highly recommend the raw oysters for an app. They tasted great and were a perfect size... Not too big! Kristie had the Flounder Francaise and I had the special, seafood medley served over penne pasta in a sambuca sauce. Flounder was really good but not as good as Chef Vola's. House White was very good at $6 a glass. I am sorry it took me this long to dine at the Lobster House. Cant wait to go back!

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Very Good service. Reasonable prices. Tasty food. All make this a very good choice. Fresh oysters in the oyster appetizer. 2 pound lobster was cooked perfectly. Mashed potato side was good - made with red potatoes. Stewed tomato side was very good - good tomato flavor and not too sweet. Warm onion bread with butter provided for the table - may have been homemade. Drink prices were reasonable - especially for a resort town. We'll definitely go back next time we are in town.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We went for dinner the first night of our trip to Cape May and we loved it here! The place is huge and very busy! The service was very good and the food was sooo good! We ordered calamari for an app and it was very good. I had the stuffed flounder and my friend ordered the surf and turf. Both were very delicious! I was shocked when the bill came! Between several glasses of wine, appetizers, dinner and desert, you couldn't beat the price. This was not only our favorite meal in Cape May but the cheapest! Definitely going back to Lobster House next time I'm in Cape May!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were in a party of eight, two liked their dinner. Enough said.

My wife had the surf and turf. The filet, ordered medium rare, was a tad overcooked, chewy and tasteless. She sent it back. The replacement was basically raw. The waiter's response was, "it was medium rare the first time". She ate a bit from around the edges. Her lobster was bland. They did remove it from the bill.

I had Snapper soup to start. This was the only thing I ate that was seasoned, with too much salt. I had the cedar plank salmon surrounded by a mass of whipped potatoes and some zucchini and squash. The salmon was nicely cooked but had no flavor whatsoever. The potatoes tasted day old and I don't like those vegetables. Not real happy with the meal.

Of the four people who ordered lobster not one said it was delicious or even very good. If you're going to call yourself the Lobster House it would behoove you to know how to prepare one.

I will say our waiter, William, aside from the one flippant comment, was very good.

My wife and I had stopped here for lunch last summer. We didn't like it then and it hasn't improved. Won't be back.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

As locals, we took friends to The Lobster House on Saturday night. We have enjoyed good meals in the past at lunch but this dinner proved to be disappointing. Two of us had scallops which were served luke-warm accompanied by dried out potatoes and some sort of fried zucchini, which missed the mark. The lobster tail was tough. Salads were haphazard. We were embarrassed to have suggested dining there.

1  Thank Yankeesfan79