“Eat Out On the Deck”

The Lobster House
Ranked #15 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family, boyfriend, and I frequent this spot whenever we visit Wildwood and Cape May. While there are three eating areas on fisherman's wharf (indoor restaurant, indoor takeout, and outdoor takeout), we have found the best place for atmosphere of a true seaside town to be eating from the outside raw bar and sitting out on the deck next to the large fishing boats. Great atmosphere and fresh seafood.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,318)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Over the years I have been to this restaurant many, many times. In recent years I have noticed a decline in quality and service, while prices there continue to rise. It's just not what it used to be...I don't think I'll be going there again for awhile...they need to revamp.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Lobster House in Cape May is the source of the freshest seafood in Cape May. commerical fishing boats bring in their catches and the fish go straight to the kitchens. We love eating outside in the very casual atmosphere. You fight for a table on the docks, order and wait for your orders to be ready. You can dine inside in a lovely restaurant where the food is delicious, well-prepared and served and the choices are many. You can have cocktails and appetizers on the schooner docked next to the pier but we like the challenge of the dock. Choices are good, prices are low and the experience is just plain fun. We go there at least twice each week we are in Cape May.Check out their website.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

great eatery. The stationary boat is great. The food is great too. Especially the oysters. I am Dairy and Gluten free and they accommodated me.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

They somehow pack in thousands of people year after year??? We live about 45 minutes away so we visit Capemay often. Every once in a while we think we'll give them another try...Mistake every time bad bad bad.