“Wonderful!”

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Peter Shields Inn quality cuisine bursts with freshness and creativity. The Peter Shields offers a la carte dining along with a four course chef’s tasting menu. Also expect to find weekly menu additions that incorporate fresh and innovative ingredients. The magnificent ocean views are the perfect scenery to celebrate a special occasion or simply enjoy a memorable dining experience. In the summer months, outdoor dining is available on porches overlooking the ocean. The Inn also specializes in both casual & elegant ocean front weddings. For the absolute finest local and seasonal fare, Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is a favorite of residents and visitors to Cape May alike. Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently had dinner here. I didn't realize it was a BYOB until I called for a reservation - the person taking the res helpfully let me know that we could bring our own bottle or they sell full bottles only from Cape May Winery (which has decent wines). Good to know that ahead of time as I would have been disappointed if we hadn't been able to have a nice wine with such a wonderful meal.

It's a beautiful restaurant - we sat in the side porch with a view of the ocean. There was also someone playing the piano that night which added to the ambiance. Parking was easy as it was off season.

We both had the seasonal salad to start, then the salmon and the halibut entrees. Both were absolutely fantastic The gnocchi that came with mine was by far the best gnocchi I have ever had, anywhere. Portion sizes were perfect - enough to be satisfying, but leaving a little room for dessert.

1  Thank SMW215

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food here is always incredible. I love the jumbo lump crab salad. I crave it weekly. The atmosphere is quaint and good for a romantic dinner. One of the best restaurants here in town.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had much to celebrate and we chose a perfect place to do it. Our server, Peter, was personable, attentive and very knowledgable. We decided on the tasting menu and it was amazing. Each course was presented beautifully, with an array of colors, that added to the overall dining experience. Peter was kind enough to introduce us to the Sous Chef, Nick, who congratulated us on our celebration. Nick should be commended for his creative arrangement of tastes and textures that made each dish more delicious than the next. PSI is a must, we will be back.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Jumbo Lump Crab Salad! Absolutely delicious with great flavor. I had the halibut and my wife had the chicken. Both seasoned to perfection.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We finally found our 'foodie' experience in Cape May and also found more due to the staff. The atmosphere is of formal fine dining with exquisite food and professional service. The extra was when we needed assistance calling for a less formal interaction; my back seized. The staff morphed for the situation into really kind, reassuring, nice, personable, considerate folk who ensured our experience was Grand despite my back. Great, no, make that superb, food and people, Wonderful experience. Thanks! :)