“Wow! Great food and staff!”

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Peter Shields Inn quality cuisine bursts with freshness and creativity. The Peter Shields offers a la carte dining along with a four course chef’s tasting menu. Also expect to find weekly menu additions that incorporate fresh and innovative ingredients. The magnificent ocean views are the perfect scenery to celebrate a special occasion or simply enjoy a memorable dining experience. In the summer months, outdoor dining is available on porches overlooking the ocean. The Inn also specializes in both casual & elegant ocean front weddings. For the absolute finest local and seasonal fare, Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is a favorite of residents and visitors to Cape May alike. Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We finally found our 'foodie' experience in Cape May and also found more due to the staff. The atmosphere is of formal fine dining with exquisite food and professional service. The extra was when we needed assistance calling for a less formal interaction; my back seized. The staff morphed for the situation into really kind, reassuring, nice, personable, considerate folk who ensured our experience was Grand despite my back. Great, no, make that superb, food and people, Wonderful experience. Thanks! :)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our recent dinner at "PSI." The ambiance is very nice with a beach view, and the food is superb. I really enjoyed the butternut squash soup in particular. Highly recommend PSI for a romantic evening out.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Like dining at an an upscale Manhattan restaurant without the pomp. Decor , food and service were all excellent.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Everything is top notch at Peter Shields - the food, the service, the location, the views, and the layout of the restaurant. We've been coming here for years and it just gets better and better.

Last night, I had the foie gras and the duck. The sauces are outstanding and the quinoa and vegetables with the duck were perfectly seasoned. My husband had the butternut squash bisque and salmon. Everything was prepared just as he requested and was delicious.

Don't skip on the deserts - the date nut pudding is excellent as was the special seasonal creme brulee made with squash. A tasty ending!

While we've always enjoyed the management, the new manager Sean Brown, really takes Peter Shields to the next level. He is friendly and personable and keeps a close eye on ensuring the experience is superb.

They are open every day until New Year's, so it's a perfect time to go for a relaxing, 4 star meal while the island has quieted down a bit.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here a few years back. It was just OK, I'm not sure where I heard that they have a new chef. What a culinary genius! Not only was it beautifully presented, it was in fact, the tastiest meal we have eaten in Cape May, including The Washington Inn. The service was as good as the food. I hope to go back before the end of this year. They are open every night until the end of December, then they cut back to weekends until the Spring. Gotta try it!!