“Peter Shields great view, music and food”

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Peter Shields Inn quality cuisine bursts with freshness and creativity. The Peter Shields offers a la carte dining along with a four course chef’s tasting menu. Also expect to find weekly menu additions that incorporate fresh and innovative ingredients. The magnificent ocean views are the perfect scenery to celebrate a special occasion or simply enjoy a memorable dining experience. In the summer months, outdoor dining is available on porches overlooking the ocean. The Inn also specializes in both casual & elegant ocean front weddings. For the absolute finest local and seasonal fare, Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is a favorite of residents and visitors to Cape May alike. Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room.
Chadds Ford PA
“Peter Shields great view, music and food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently enjoyed a great dinner at Peter Shields. The service and presentation was quite good. A touch of elegance was a "green trick carnation" on our table which you have to see to believe. The only down side is that they dont't accept reservations. They should at least accept reservation for Inn guests. Our table was less than optimal, but the food was good.

3 Thank PASpaGal

Montreal, Canada
“WOW”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I must be very honest. I did not expect the quality of the food to be this good. It was a pleasant surprise.

My wife and i had dinner here July 8th 2013 and it was wonderful. I had the T Bone with lobster risotto and it was amazing. The steak was perfectly cooked, just PERFECTION. The lobster risotto it sat on was also incredible. One of the best dishes i've ever had.

My wife had the halibut with leeks and mushrooms and she thinks it was the best halibut she has ever had.

I then had the date pudding and that was amazing. My wife had the chocolate panna cotta with sea salt caramel ice cream. The pincotta was ok but the ice cream was wonderful.

The service was ok. Our waiter was ok, neither too welcoming and friendly nor the opposite. Although, i believe such fine dinning establishment should provide individualized service that engages with the customers.

I will definitely be back here next time i'm in town.

1 Thank Dackz
Chicago, Illinois
“A gourmet experience in Cape May”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having read about this restaurant, I booked my reservation several months in advance. The setting was wonderful, the menu excellent, the service was really great and I had a really beautifully prepared tuna entree with a great salad. It is a BYOB restaurant, so visit one of the local wineries beforehand and take your wines to the restaurant

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Globalphile
Seymour, Connecticut
“Wonderful from start to finish”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First visit (we had to find a replacement for an old favorite this year) but definitely not our last. Wonderful experience from the minute we arrived. We were seated at a table on the inside porch with a nice view of the beach/ocean. They promptly put our BYOB in a ice bucket (it was a great reason to bring a special bottle). We had the local oysters & crudo to start, followed by the scallops and halibut. We even managed to find room for the lemon "bar" and chocolate panna cotta. The food and service were both outstanding. We will be back!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CT_SweaterGirl
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Memorable Dinner”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This topped off our 4th of July weekend in Cape May! My husband had the 4 course special and every bite was delicious. The early season corn soup, scallops, steak and oozing chocolate dessert was memorable and wonderful. I had the tuna - thank goodness it was not seasoned with pepper but perfectly seasoned, the coconut rice cake was delicious and I enjoyed the entire dinner. Service was incredible, the piano piped in from the front lobby was entertaining. The ocean across the promenade was perfect.

1 Thank Franci S