“Thank goodness it was open”
Review of Ugly Mug

Ugly Mug
Ranked #24 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Germantown, Maryland
“Thank goodness it was open”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not much else was open after 7PM in the off season. Very good burgers and fries. My son raved about his awesome chicken pannini. Service was fine food came fast.

Visited March 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice local feel but not much for the food.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Maybe we had too high of expectations after dinner the first night in Cape May- but the food just wasn’t that good. It was also WAY pricey. The service was great and the atmosphere was equally nice. Enjoyed the local Cape May beers!

• Visited March 2013
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ate here our second night in Cape May. I was a little worried when I saw the menu prices though (maybe this is normal for restaurants in Cape May?).
We shared a quesadilla appetizer which is cut into three pieces. Would've been better to have been four pieces, especially since it was $11.99. It was very good though. My husband ordered the nachos as his meal which were plentiful and he enjoyed. This was also $11.99 on the appetizer menu. I just wanted a grilled chicken sandwich which was also $11.99 (go figure). I was worried but the chicken was actually enormous and I had to cut it and double it up on the sandwich since It was very much hanging over the bun. I was disappointed that it comes with chips and I couldn't substitute fries (without paying $4 for the additional side). I told her I'd just have the chips.
I don't know if there was confusion when I asked for the fries instead and she said she couldn't do that, but then my sandwich came out with no chips or pickle. I forgot about the pickle, but requested the chips.
At first, I was inquiring about the potato skin appetizer since it was the cheapest appetizer (at $6.99) on the menu. They said you get three potato skins. Nevermind that then!
The food was good, but the prices were still a bit high. Oh, and if you order a beverage that isn't alcohol, it comes out in plastic cups. Not really sure why since they seem like a place that should be able to give glasses instead. Beer comes in glasses though.
We were pleased with the portions though (except the quesadilla which could've had an extra piece). We would probably go here again though.
Unfortunately, our options were limited because it is the beginning of March and only so many places are open.

• Visited March 2013
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Good service, average food, just ok”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Not a great selection of beers and no local beers on tap. For a place that calls itself the ugly mug you would expect a better selection of micro brews. The menu is all over the place. Too many items. Food was average. Staff was very friendly and we received good service. I think this place is spoiled by a superb location and regular stream of tourists.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok for regular food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was very average when you want something special on vacation. Slightly disappointing. All the food did not come out at once and we were only a party of 5.

Visited September 2012