“Wow, wow & wow”
Review of Washington Inn

Washington Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Washington Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: We are currently open Friday and Saturday evenings serving dinner starting at 5 PM. Our Wine Bar opens at 4:30 PM. Our hours are seasonal. Please see our website for details.
Reviewed July 11, 2007

The Washington Inn is absolutely top shelf. The food, service and even the cocktails are fantastic. I have been in some of the finest restaurants in NYC, Paris and Milan. They have nothing over the Washington Inn. The food is incredibly delicious. The cocktails are superb. The service is friendly, informal and professional. In fact I was so surprised at the quality that it made dining out elsewhere in Cape May just mediocre. This is a must go to place when on the Cape. Go there or you will miss one of the finest dining experiences available anywhere. No kidding, it's that good.

2  Thank bothofusluv2travel

Reviewed July 2, 2007

This is a top restaurant in Cape May with very high standards. I wouldn't drive to Cape May just to eat there, but if you are in Cape May and would like to have a great dinner in a somewhat formal setting, then this is the place. Their wine list is outstanding, and the prices are quite good. The food is great, and our service was good. On a busy night, we had 7pm dinner reservations on a Sat. night, and we were seated right away. That impressed me!

Reviewed June 17, 2007

My parents, husband and I spent a wonderful evening at the Washington
Inn celebrating our anniversaries. The food was superb while the service was equally as good!! Our server even presented our desserts on dishes decorated with "Happy Anniversary". Parking can be tricky in Cape May but the valet service eliminated that problem. If you're in the lovely seaside town and want a special place to dine...
Washington Inn is the place.

Reviewed May 19, 2007

I went to Washington Inn despite some reviews of it having bad service, and I was happy I did. Although I did go during mid-May [which is off-season I believe], none of the waiters/waitresses were rude or robotic like.
The server we had was really nice. My bf wasn't sure which wine to get and with her help he finally decided, but she ended up bringing out 2 of the wines just for him to have a taste to make sure he liked it.
The food was good too. I had the rack of lamb and it was good, but after trying my date's salmon, my lamb didn't appeal to me as much. The salmon was deeeelicious!
I am definitely going back and you should too!

1  Thank marcopolo484
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My meal at the Washington Inn was one of the best I've ever had anywhere. And my standards for "anywhere" include upscale restaurants in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.

The decor is elegant but not stuffy. For men, a jacket is preferred but not mandatory; a tie is unnecessary. Most women wear dresses.

The service is very friendly and attentive. They handled a special request (birthday dessert) with aplomb. The wine list is remarkable (with some real bargains). The menu is diverse. Everything we ordered was prepared flawlessly and served promptly. The ingredients were fresh, the sauces were flavorful without being heavy and the presentation was classy.

This is flat-out one exceptional restaurant.

3  Thank IJKMNO