“Excellent Service and Dinner”
Review of Washington Inn

Washington Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Washington Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 138 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: We are currently open every day of the week, reservations beginning at 5 PM. Our Wine Bar opens at 4:30 PM. Our hours are seasonal. Please see our website for details.
Delaware
“Excellent Service and Dinner”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a great dinner at the Inn - such a great place- great food. Service was A+. Very flexible with their menu and the options you are able to order.

Visited October 2012

West Hartford CT
“Excellent meal for a special night with my wife”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend sans kids in Cape May and I chose the Washington Inn for our Saturday night meal. Before doing so, I confirmed with the B&B owner that it was not a famous place resting on its laurels and she highly recommended it, so we went. We had a great meal. My wife loves escargot and she had high complements for their version of them. Our started salad was really quite good and the main course scrumptious. Dessert was worth saving room for and the bill was quire reasonable for such a fine dining experience. My only complaint was a 15-minute wait even though we arrived 5 minutes early for our reservation. Had it stretched to 20 minutes, we would have left and missed a great meal.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“WASHINGTON INN WELCOMES USCG VETERANS”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This past Saturday, 20 October 2012 I had the pleasure to take a group of my fellow United States Coast Guard Veterans, who are all members of the Northeast Pennsylvania Coast Guard Veterans Association for dinner at his wonderful restaurant. I contacted the inn a few weeks ago requesting a table that could seat all our members together. I was not sure if they would seat a large group on a Saturday night. I was contacted promptly by the inn and they provided seating for us,without a problem. When we arrived at the inn our members were greeted with complimentary valet parking. We were seated promptly and we were off, sailing into a terrific dinner, served by a very gracious waitperson. Our meals were hot, fresh and prepared with care and of course they were delicious. It was the best two hours spent in any restaurant, by this writer in a long time. The drinks, meal, dessert, were Five Star. I and my shipmates will certainly return. Bravo, Washington Inn!!!

Bloomfield, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Excellent!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The food is Excellent year after year, excellent service! I had the braised lamb shank, cheese polenta. The lamb shank fell off the bone and melted in your mouth, the polenta was smooth and creamy, simply excellent.

Visited September 2012
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Homework paid off”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was in Cape May, NJ for wedding 2 weeks ago, looked on their site for places to eat and found Washington Inn as being highle recommended/rated. So, we decided to try it out. The reviews and comments were spot on. This is a fantastic place to eat. Our server, Jerry, was one of the best. Very knowledgeabe of the fare as well as Cape May proper. We chose 2 of the specials that evening: NY Strip (16oz) and the 1 lb South African lobster tail. So we had 2 surf and turf orders. Lobster was perfectly cooked and the steak magnificant. Needless to say much came home for additional meals. Very enjoyable evening all around.