“Update”
Review of Ebbitt Room

Ebbitt Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Ebbitt Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carpenter's & Beach Drive
Description: Dine at Cape May’s Favorite Seaside Restaurant - Rediscover the newly renovated and re-imagined the Ebbitt Room restaurant located in the heart of the historic district in Cape May. Executive Chef Anthony Micari hones a Farm-to-Table, Farm-to-Glass philosophy featuring the freshest ingredients from our very own Beach Plum Farm. Be delighted by a dining experience where artisanal cocktails, farm-fresh classic American cuisine and a sophisticated, yet casual vibe create the perfect setting for a new Cape May tradition.
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Well, if you didn't know, the Virginia Hotel was sold. Or at least that was the plan. They made the announcement of the sale to the staff and insiders before it was a 100% done deal. The buyers backed out and that was that. So I guess if you have the bread, Its for sale. Now, The new Chef is doing very well there, and the service is as good as its been for the most part. I think the wine selections have slipped a bit, but still very good, just not outstanding. Another point to keep in mind is that there is no longer smoking of cigars or ciggs on the porch. Now you must smoke in the alley between the hotel and the Mad Batter. So go and eat and have fun, but bring the wallet.

1  Thank fooddude22

Reviewed January 1, 2010

We had dined at the Ebbitt Room several years ago and been very impressed by both the food and the service. This time around, no "amusee bouche" (sp?) and a waitstaff who appeared young and inexperienced (where did those great professional waiters of yesteryear go?). My salad came without dressing and when I asked about it, the waitress took the whole salad and took almost 10 minutes to return with the dressing on the side. When our meals came, they were placed in the wrong order on the table. Again, this is THE Ebbitt! I hesitated to give it four out of five in my review but the food was still superb, and my tastebuds won out - this time. Next time, maybe not...

1  Thank france200710
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My family and I had Thanksgiving dinner here and it was great! We had the tasting with the wine pairing. The dishes were creative and elegant. I would not hesitate to go back here for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 28, 2009

Expensive but worth it. Beautiful place with great service. Full bar and good wine list. The chef is innovative

Reviewed November 17, 2009

I love the Ebbitt Room, the food was soooo good and our server Gina was wonderful! We were in Cape May for 5 days and this is by far the best place we ate. Loved it.