“Wonderful”
Review of Ebbitt Room

Ebbitt Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Ebbitt Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carpenter's & Beach Drive
Description: Dine at Cape May’s Favorite Seaside Restaurant - Rediscover the newly renovated and re-imagined the Ebbitt Room restaurant located in the heart of the historic district in Cape May. Executive Chef Anthony Micari hones a Farm-to-Table, Farm-to-Glass philosophy featuring the freshest ingredients from our very own Beach Plum Farm. Be delighted by a dining experience where artisanal cocktails, farm-fresh classic American cuisine and a sophisticated, yet casual vibe create the perfect setting for a new Cape May tradition.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at The Virginia Hotel and were so excited that on a recent cold night with the wind blowing, we had only to wander downstairs to begin our special night. The fire in the lounge and the warm and cozy décor made it very inviting as did the piano player in the corner. We had cocktails to start which were superbly done. I think it was the best cosmopolitan I've ever had. I started with the fried calamari which was lightly fried and served in really unique way, so light and tasty. My husband had the oysters Rockefeller which were tasty but heavily done with peppercorns. Both of our meals were outstanding; I had the steak and crab cake. The steak was cooked to the right temperature and the crab cake had absolutely no filler in it...just pure crab meat. My husband's lamb was cooked well and he was pleased with his meal. I had coffee to finish the meal and my husband had a cordial. We shared Bananas Tres Leches for dessert and this is the only part of the meal that was disappointing. The server had described the dessert as similar to bread pudding which I love but it was not very tasty at all. It was served cold with raspberry sorbet on top which was a miss. It would have been better warmed and with vanilla ice cream. We moved into the lounge in front of the fire for Irish coffees which were so good. We should have skipped the desert altogether and gone straight to the Irish coffee bit because the dessert was the only negative to an otherwise terrific evening and meal. Be prepared to pay for near perfection...with tip we paid just over $200, well worth it and we will return.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great food, great service. You get what you pay for and that is true here, its a little more money but it is oh so worth it. From the pumpkin gnocchi to the delicious, Steak, Crabcakes and Lampchops. Succulent, moist, flavorful and perfectly prepared. The dessert was strawberry rhubarb and pistachio ice cream...its was a wonderful way to end the meal. Additionally the coffee was very good. I always think its important to pay attention to every detail and they did. The server Theresa was outstanding. We never had to ask for anything!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were only in town for a night, and because of the seaside town location, thought we would settle for "beach" cuisine, but a local recommended we stay at the Virginia Hotel, and eat (because we were tired) in their restaurant (The Ebbitt Room). We found our favorite wine, and some delicious dishes on the menu. The server, Jordan was as good as they come. Great experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Its located in the heart of Cape May and steps from the beach and the town mall. It is a small dinning room, but that adds to the intimacy. They have a great menu with ample selections. The cocktail were good and the food was great!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently held our wedding reception at the Ebbitt room. The decor is lush and the colors rich, fabulous for snapping a few wedding photos. The staff was quiet and polite, though we ran into an issue with one of the waitresses when we challenged the bill (she put doubled a dish and tried to justify it, though the manager was quick to point out she was wrong). I'm trying to be understanding that there was a single, skilled chef working that night, but it literally took two hours from giving in our orders until our food was served (17 in our party). Though we had a couple appetizers and yummy bread/butter, our guests were NOT happy with the long wait. When it did come, most of us, myself include (Chicken) enjoyed the meal. My new hubby was not too fond of his duck dish, mostly that there were only 4 or 5 thin slivers of meat on the plate. My chicken was quite the opposite, a huge dinner. Minus the wait and the EXORBITANT price, I was pretty happy.

Tara R, Manager at Ebbitt Room, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Ebbitt Room to host your wedding dinner, what a special celebration and a special day, congratulations on your wedding and we wish you all the best in this new and exciting venture. In reading your review I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your dinner. I would like the opportunity to send you and you new husband a Gift Card to be used during your next visit, perhaps a special 1 year anniversary dinner, we would love to have you back to celebrate. Please contact me 609-884-5700 so I may send you the Gift Certificate.