“Quiet, warm and elegant.”
Review of Ebbitt Room

Ebbitt Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Ebbitt Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carpenter's & Beach Drive
Description: Dine at Cape May’s Favorite Seaside Restaurant - Rediscover the newly renovated and re-imagined the Ebbitt Room restaurant located in the heart of the historic district in Cape May. Executive Chef Anthony Micari hones a Farm-to-Table, Farm-to-Glass philosophy featuring the freshest ingredients from our very own Beach Plum Farm. Be delighted by a dining experience where artisanal cocktails, farm-fresh classic American cuisine and a sophisticated, yet casual vibe create the perfect setting for a new Cape May tradition.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Quiet, warm and elegant.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Virginia Inn just before Christmas this year, and had the pleasure of eating at the Ebbit Room. The food was excellent, very gourmet. Lobster caesar salad was great. Our entree was great. Desert was great. You simply can't go wrong there.

voorhees,nj
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had a wonderful dining experience! Although a littl noisy, I love the ambience and food was fabulous!

2 Thank teapot304
Richmond, Virginia
“I wanted to lick the plates!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a very memorable dinner here. Everything from the service to the vibe of the place was great. Yummy cocktails. The Mac and Cheese is a must! Decadent! I had the crab cakes which were perfectly done and inhaled the fried potatoes that came with it. My boyfriend had the filet and loved it too. Definitely would go back in a heartbeat!

Middletown, NJ
“Lovely setting”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff is always attentive and friendly. I had the deviled egg appetizer and it was delicious. I have had it before and highly recommend it. Deviled eggs are topped with salmon, escargot and filet with herbs and spices. My entree was flounder with root veggies. Although tasty there were hardly any veggies, mostly tomatoes which is not a root vegetable. I was disappointed. My husband had oysters that were excellent, he loved the mignonette sauce. His entree was steak and a crab cake, both excellent. The dessert was like a berry tart, tasted a little like refrigerator to me. On the whole the experience was lovely. We've been coming to the Ebbit Room for at least 15 years.

• Visited March 2013
“Great food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We got seated within 5 minutes of our reservation. We took advantage of the Valentine's Day fixed price menu and wine pairings. My son (8) got a filet and mashed potatoes. The food was very good to excellent. The table service was not what I would have expected from a restaurant of this caliber, although it was a very busy night. We waited over 20 minutes to order (including drinks) and that is after my fiancé had to flag down the server. Our courses and wind pairings didn't always come out in a coordinated way. I guess everyone was distracted by the frequent proposals that were happening! :) The restaurant and inn are beautiful. The piano player was just right.