“Great lunch spot in Cape May”
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My niece and I ate lunch at Tisha's on a weekday in July. We were greeted promptly, given two choices of outdoor seating or indoor (we chose the back porch- it was lovely - beautiful flowers and less foot traffic going by than the front porch). Our server was prompt and attentive. We each had a salad, which was delicious, and moderately priced for a shore town. ($11 for a romaine blue cheese wedge). Neither my niece or I drink alcohol, but we heard the waitress tell the neighboring table that wine is only served by the bottle, so if you are looking for a glass of wine with your lunch, this is not your spot. We found it delightful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had lunch upon arriving I Cape May recently, not realizing that they had moved from the pier after Sandy. First of all, the back room where we sat was like a refrigerator...the food was OK, nothing spectacular. Waitress was very nice and the ambience was OK

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Cape May, New Jersey is a seaside tourist town. ( Actually quite a lovely town) The year round population is about 4,400- in the summer, it swells to about 43,000. Naturally, there are quite a few places to eat. We decided on Tisha's based on a recommendation of a local. We were a party of three adults with varied tastes. Tisha's is very convenient as it is located on the pedestrian mall. We actually walked through the back by mistake. We were seated quickly and cheerfully. Immediately, our server came over and asked what we would like to drink. Of Note: Cape May is "dry," so restaurants are BYOB. They can serve Cape May wine. Tisha's does serve this wine, but we opted no as we planned on visiting the local brewery. My husband and I could not resist the strawberry arugula salad that was being offered as a special that day. I ordered it with blackened chicken, My dad had a cheeseburger and fries. Our server asked if the salad was a starter- no worries, the salads were meal sized and we were more than satisfied.In my opinion, the salad would be to large for a starter. It comes with what they deemed, "Artisanal bread," but frankly, it was just a roll, nothing spectacular. Our server came back several times, and was very attentive. As our meal was winding down, a large group came in- I have noticed that since I began writing reviews that noise level has become something I think about ( OK, I am getting older too.) but the acoustics of the room were able to handle this, although the room was not overly large. The decor was basic, and the restaurant appeared very clean. Another bonus- dogs on the back eating area! The only hiccup you might think about is where we were seated- which was next to the shelves where the napkins and silverware are located. If the place was very busy, you might have a server there every few minutes- and yes, I concur some people might like that! This was a nice lunch, reasonably priced for a tourist town- about 45.00 for three adults. I would visit again.

1  Thank Dogmom11236
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Washington Mall in Central Cape May. Oysters on arugula excellent. Beautiful salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese. Lobster bisque leaning heavy cream or cream cheese perhaps. Different. Great people watching at lunchtime.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went here for dinner. Sat outside in the back - just a great setting. Watch the passers-by, check out the neat architecture. Wonderful food and service. I had the seafood dish (shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels in a marinara sauce) over linguini.

There is no salt and pepper on the table, so when we got our salad, I asked for some. The server brought it, but warned me that I should taste everything before salting; the chef prides himself on seasoning everything just so. I said OK. I put salt on my cucumbers in the salad and that was good. But when my main dish came, I tasted it and it was great - no extra seasoning needed. Even the clams and mussels were just right. The chef and our server were so correct. Perfect.

Go here. Yes, it's expensive, but if you're looking for an intimate, wonderful dinner, this is the place to go. And easy on the added salt! you don't need it!