“Excellent service”
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Even though they were short staffed, service was excellent and staff was friendly especially Brenda. Food was amazing try the clam chowder!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

When I plan my vacation to Cape May, I always know we will be going to Tisha's. Appetizers are good but I always get the Filet Mignon--very good. Maybe next time I will search reviews and pick another dish. We sat out back 2x and inside once. I like sitting out back. Nice atmosphere and the food is great--servers are awesome too. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank donnat220
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Went there this morning for bkfst. Asked for a table with a highchair outside. Told it would be "just 5 minutes for seating on the back patio." We waited 15 minutes to be seated. The hostess told us she's be right back with the high chair and never returned. Had to go inside restaurant to ask for one, the one they finally brought was so rickety my husband was attempting to righten all the loose screws and bolts. Waited...and waited...and waited some more...over 15 minutes for our servers acknowledge us, fill our water glasses, take a drink order, take our food orders...something!! Had to go inside again to ask for a server. She finally came out, took our orders (simple bkfst orders...Eggs Benedict, French Toast, fruit, yogurt...). We specifically asked if she could bring the fruit with my son's yogurt...she returned with the yogurt, and no fruit. Never brought my iced t, and after waiting for at least 35 minutes, my husband went back in for a third time to inquire about our missing server and good. "Tisha" said our order was just up. Soon after, another server came to our table with a tiny cup of berries and made a number of terrible excuses for the waitress and kitchen. Our server came our to the patio and served another table water and again never even glanced over at us. Needless to say our food never arrived after 45 minutes and we walked out. Shame on Tisha's. The restaurant inside was empty and there were quite a few tables full outside, but there really should have been no excuse for such terrible service. Don't waste your vacation at Tisha's!!

2  Thank Candice C
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I brought our two year old to dinner on a Tuesday night in July. I had heard that this restaurant was not child friendly but we decided to try it anyway and we booked a reservation early in the evening because our son is very well behaved and is used to eating in nice restaurants. When I arrived at the restaurant I had trouble getting my stroller over the threshold and into the restaurant while holding the door at the same time. The hostess just stood there staring at my struggle and did not offer to hold the door. One of the patrons sitting on the patio got up from his meal to help me in which was very nice. She showed us to our table even though my husband had not arrived yet as he was at the liquor store buying wine for our dinner. Of the dozen or so tables in the restaurant only about 4 were seated at this time. While the attitude from the hostess was less than ideal, our server Marissa could not have been more gracious and welcoming. We started with the lobster risotto appetizer which was outstanding. It was more like a lobster bisque poured over risotto. It would be a nice addition to the menu as an entree as well. We also had the BBQ shrimp appetizer with melted cheese served on bread which was delicious. I had the halibut special which I enjoyed and my husband had the shrimp and pasta with vodka sauce. The vodka sauce was one of the better vodka sauces I have had and I would order it the next time we return. While they do not have a children's menu, they do serve pasta marinara or with butter for the kids. My son had the pasta marinara and it was delicious - definitely homemade. The service was excellent and the food was timed perfectly. We did not feel rushed. I would caution against sitting on the patio if heavy rain is in the forecast even though it is enclosed. There was a pretty bad thunderstorm and the tables on the patio had to be moved inside. We will be back on our next trip despite the attitude at the door.

2  Thank tyny77
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious and good value. Inside the setting was nice and it was family friendly.

Two quibbles, the air conditioning was either too cold or too hot. We asked our server about it and apparently they couldn't do anything about it. Second quibble although our server was nice it felt like she was in a mad rush, not really waiting for our questions etc.