“Reliably good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, American, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
New Jersey
“Reliably good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We ate at Tisha's last year when visiting Cape May and enjoyed it so we decided to eat there again on our visit this year. This is a popular restaurant, busy even during the week in off-season, so be sure to make reservations. The food was worthy of the restaurant's popularity and service was prompt and professional, despite the crowd. The seafood risotto was very tasty and substantial. The veal tenderloins were also enjoyable, although one of the two tenderloins was on the tough side, accounting for our less than perfect rating. But this minor slip will not dissuade us from eating at Tisha's in the future. It's a very good restaurant.

Visited May 2014

Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am reviewing Tisha's because if something doesn't start out right and the staff helps to go the extra length to make it right, it should be known. Our appetizer & salad's were very good. I ordered the filet-well done. It came out extremely chewy and I expressed this to the server. She immediately asked if I wanted the chef to make me another or to bring me the menu so I could order something else. I did choose to take the chance and have them make me a new filet. I was told in advance it would take 30 minutes but at least they let me know that. Not only did the server apologize but the hostess came to our table also to apologize and ask if there was something I would like while waiting. So the staff was extremely in tune to what was going on. My filet did come out very nice the second time-so worth the wait. The food was good, but kudos to the staff!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“DON'T MISS THE RISOTTO !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

The food here is UNBELIEVEABLE. Do NOT miss this while you are in Cape May. It's BYOB so you can enjoy your own wonderful wine while you taste some of the most delicious food. The risotto is just to-die-for. If you get the mushroom version (appetizer size) and pair it with the stuffed pumpkin gnocchi, you will have a feast. Service was very good. They refuse to divide one entree among two plates but, if asked, will provide an extra plate for customers to divide a meal themselves.

Visited May 2014
Cape May, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but really poor service on several occasions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

After dining at Tisha's several times I feel qualified to give an accurate review. The first time my husband and I, residents of Cape May, stopped for lunch. Great food, poor service. Our waitperson was so rude we decided never to go back. Last winter my son was visiting before Valentine's Day. Many restaurants were closed and he wanted to try Tisha's. Once again great food but our waitperson seemed stressed and hurried. This has been true every time we've been there. I recently took ten people for a small retirement dinner. The waitress actually bumped into me twice while I was eating. While the food is consistently good I'm tired of bad service and Tisha's. Too bad!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank P Bru A
Pennsylvania
“Overall Enjoyable Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

While in Cape May yesterday, we went to Tisha's for lunch. The menu was different than when we've been there before for lunch --- apparently they changed the menu. (We missed the turkey & cranberry sauce sandwich!)

I ordered the House Specialty Salad with a Salmon Filet on top. I requested the Salmon be cooked throughout & the dressing on the side. It was served exactly as I ordered it & was very good.

My husband started out with a bowl of their New England Clam Chowder (served with a roll) which was EXCELLENT --- by far the best he's ever had!!! He also ordered the Gnocchi Bava (potato gnocchi with gorgonzola cream with wilted spinach & candied pecans). The portion was generous but there was very little spinach & it was very starchy & not flavorful & the sauce was too thick --- NOT good. I also tried it & didn't like it at all either.

When our server Jenn came back at the end of our lunch, she noticed that the vast majority of the gnocchi was left & asked if we wanted a to-go box. When we said no, she asked if we liked the dish & we said no. When she brought us the check, she told us she had asked & there was no charge for the gnocchi. This restored our confidence in Tisha's --- we've had very enjoyable meals in the past.

Our server Jenn was very pleasant & nice and the service was excellent!

• Visited May 2014