“Great food,casual setting”
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great food,casual setting”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Tisha's in great. Great food in quiet casual setting. My wife and I enjoyed our meals and will definitely go back again on our next visit to Cape May. Service was good too.

Visited June 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We loved the outdoor sitting, a bottle of white wine and lobster risotto. BYO is better than the one and only bottel of white wine the restaurants has.

Visited October 2012
New York
“Wow was this a lucky find...”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I had a few meals in Cape May. Most were very reasonably priced, but nothing left us saying WOW. Tisha's did. We had a fantastic dinner on the back patio (Eggplant dish as an appetizer followed by salad and sorbet. Then I had Seafood Risotto and my friend had Steak.) WOW and Delicious. The only negative is that we couldn't share an entre. I'd prefer if they had a pp minimum instead of 1 entre per person. We would have ordered enough appetizers to cover our minimum. But honestly, it was so good, I really can't complain.

• Visited June 2013
“One of the best places in town”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I went here last night and it was to die for. To start we had their famous clam chowder and thai mussels, both were GREAT! Then house salad yum, then to cleanse our palette they gave us lemon sorbet. Dinner: I had the seafood risotto; which plenty of fresh seafood, my husband had the salmon with veggies and mashed red potatoes. We were stuffed and could not do deserts but I must say we are going back. Deanna our server was excellent. If you are ever in Cape May; Tisha's is a must.

“Just shy of excellent”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our second visit and the food tasted as good as the first time.
The mushroom risotto and all our entrees were excellent. The shrimp bruschetta was served with the tails still on the shrimp, not very sensible for what is usually finger food, but was otherwise good.
Unfortunately the clams in the clam chowder had not been thoroughly cleaned and there was grit. This cost them the fifth star.
Overall, still an excellent meal and we'll return again next year