“EXCELLENT.........Highly recommended!!”
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 138 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT.........Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ate here on a recommendation, and I’m glad we listened. The food was wonderful. I had the small plate of PAN SEARED LOCAL DAY BOAT SCALLOPS with Shiitake mushroom and spinach risotto as an appetizer and they were out of this world!! If I would have known how good this was going to be I would have ordered the full serving. My main meal was STEAK AU POIVRE-Seasoned and grilled filet mignon with bourbon demi, Red mashed potatoes, hand breaded onion rings and Gorgonzola butter………….Oh my was it ever good!! My boyfriend had PEPPERED SHRIMP AND CRABCAKE-Jumbo lump crab cake, red mashed potatoes and baby spinach, Jumbo shrimp sauté in pepper cream sauce with jumbo lump crabmeat…………..sooooo good too!! Highly recommended!! One last thing........It's BYOB or wine!!

1 Thank Renee O

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Glad someone told us about this place!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place was great and we would have strolled by if someone hadn't told us about it. It appears fairly small from the front, but I believe they have a large back dining room as well as their smaller seating area. They also offer outdoor seating. The food was AMAZING! They offer Small Plates which we really enjoyed so we could try multiple things. The Scallops and Mushroom Risotto was great and so was the Eggplant Arrabiata. We won't visit Cape May without a stop here.

Lewes, Delaware
“The name "Tisha's Fine Dining" is well deserved”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We dined at Tisha's at the suggestion of friends who love it. We were happy with their choice because it's on our list of top restaurants in Cape May.

After our complementary salad, which we all thought was very good, one friend got the Veal Tenderloins ($31). As he ate his meal, he couldn't stop with the superlatives. Two tenderloins were served in a rich brown sauce which both he and his wife, who tasted it, said was heavenly. My wife had the Thai Salmon ($29). She announced that the Thai lime sauce had a zing to it, but she found it very enjoyable. I had the Short Rib Bolognese ($26) which I have enjoyed in the past. Rather than ground beef, the Bolognese sauce had pieces of braised beef short rib in a delicious tomato-based sauce with shaved Asiago cheese. What I especially like is that it is served over a generous portion of gnocchi. I have found few restaurants that can cook gnocchi properly. It can be doughy and chewy. Tisha's cooks it so that it is wonderfully tender.
Tisha's menu is imaginative, the food is quite good, and the prices are reasonable for Cape May, especially considering that the salad is complementary and the restaurant is BYOB. The restaurant is on the Washington Street (pedestrian) Mall, in the center of town. Metered parking, which can be a hassle in season, can be found on either Carpenter Street, behind the restaurant, or on side streets. It's within walking distance of many of the B & Bs.

1 Thank practans
“Truly wonderful!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Absolutely enjoyed everything about our meal and cannot wait to go back! Romantic and relaxing setting. Just perfect!

Port Reading, NJ
“Great Lunch, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Tisha's lives up to it's name with fine food in an elegant, yet casual setting. The lunch menu features a nice selection of starters, sandwiches, burgers and salads, plus a couple of daily specials. My wife's burger was cooked a perfect medium rare and she enjoyed it throughly. I enjoyed their Fried Oyster Poy Boy interpretation which included a tomato onion relish much like bruschetta, pickles and a spicy mayo. The flavors complimented each other perfectly, making it a wonderful sandwich.

Both of our dishes came with a choice of salad or french fries. My wife chose the latter, which she described as perfectly cooked and seasoned. I had the salad, which I thought was over dressed. I asked for it with dressing on the side, but was told it was unavailable undressed.

This leads me to our one complaint: either our server or the kitchen was unwilling to deal with simple modifications. My wife asked for no tomatoes on her burger and also received no onions, When she asked for the onions, she was told that the onions and tomatoes were pre-mixed. The chef couldn't slice her a piece of onion? And whoever heard of not being able to get salad without the dressing? I always ask for dressing on the side as I don't line an overabundance of dressing.I suspect if I asked for a manager, we could have gotten these two items rectified, but we were otherwise enjoying the lunch and didn't want a scene.

The dinner menu also looked good and we look forward to trying dinner on our next Cape May trip.

Visited April 2013