“Best food in Cape May”
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My girlfriends and I have been traveling to Cape May annually the past 9 years. We make it a point to eat at least once at Tisha's, during our visit, its that good. The food is constantly good year after year and we look forward to next year's dinner during our annual trip.

1  Thank DoveyBeach

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner last night with my husband...we are in Cape May for our fourth wedding anniversary.
We found Tisha's on Restaurant.com and enjoyed 25$ off of our meal. We are not drinkers but other guests had brought their own bottle of wine and it seemed like a fantasatic addition to their meal.

The restaurant is located in an area that is a "walking-only" shopping area within the village of Cape May. The location was wonderful since it was within walking distance of our B&B. We were greeted immediatley and we sat outside to people watch. Our server Margaux was very pleasant....we were served our water immediately but did wait quite a while for my husband's soda... the salads also were delayed but well worth the wait.
I have to say our dinner was SO DELICIOUS. Bob had the Steak Diane special and I hAd the Past Puttanesca. Both dishes were PERFECT... I even took the small amount of my food left over to heat up and serve with an omelette in the morning... We will go back to Tisha's because the ambiance, the food and the location can't be beat.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

This was our fourth visit to Tisha's and just last year we used American Express gift cards to pay for a portion of our meal. This year when we tried to do the same thing the manager, Jennifer, came to our table and parctically throw the check at my husband saying you cannot use these, pick several and the rest of the bill must be put on a credit card. She was very rude and it was embarrassing for our entire party of 7. If she had just told my husband that there was a problem and could they discuss it away from the table it would have been fine . She handled the situation very poorly like we were trying to get away with something. Unfortunately, it will be our last visit to Tisha's which was our favorite restaurant in Cape May.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Service was very good, if a bit rushed at the beginning of our meal. I thought we were on target to be up and out within an hour for a 7 pm reservation. Things slowed down after we were treated to a dab of lime sorbet as a palette cleanser between courses. This BYOB delivered an excellent meal. The seared scallop and shitake mushroom risotto was beautifully prepared and fresh tasting. The portion size was just right. My husband enjoyed his crab cake appetizer as well. His prime filet entree was done perfectly. I had the Chicken Tisha, which was a moist, succulent chicken breast topped with a veggie mix including sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and artichokes. Preparing a simple dish like chicken impeccably shows to me the care in the kitchen. We split the bread pudding with ice cream and caramel sauce (more like French toast than the expected custard). After a very disappointed meal at 410 Bank Street the night before, we were delighted with the food here and look forward to returning.

1  Thank Lorraine W
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We have dined at Tisha's a number of times and while their food is an 8 out of 10, the staff is so unwelcoming and unfriendly that we will not go back again. They all act like they're doing you a big favor serving you. There are an abundance of Cape May restaurants where you get both good food and good service, so there's no reason to be treated so rudely. I could go into details about the bad attitude of waitress and hostess, but the details aren't important. We're just not returning.

2  Thank suzied128