“Cape May Food Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cape May Food Tours

Cape May Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Cape May
More attraction details
Owner description: Let your tastebuds lead you through one of America's most beautiful Victorian resorts. Sample Cape May cuisine from local restaurants, ethnic eateries and a specialty food store. Stroll with your tour guide and experience the lore, surprising history and architectural style that has enchanted visitors for centuries. Ticket prices include all food tastings.
State College, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cape May Food Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

While vacationing in Cape May last week, my husband and I left our toddler son with his godparents so that we could participate in a Cape May Food Tour. We're so glad that we did! We experienced a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of good food, good wine, and good company. Mary is not only a very well-organised tour guide, but has a plethora of knowledge about the restaurants that you will visit as well as the historyof the downtown Cape May area. If you're looking for an alternative activity to visiting the beach or shopping on the Mall, consider booking a Cape May Food Tour! You won't regret it!

Montclair, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must do for foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This tour was a fun way to spend an afternoon. We went to locally owned top notch restaurants and sampled some of their best dishes. A bakery, fudge shop and olive oil store were also stops along the way. We even enjoyed a mini wine tasting. Our tour guide mary who is also the owner made it fun and educational as we walked from place to place to share the history of cape may and its architecture. By the end of the tour we had pleny to eat and were a little bit smarter! Great food and great fun!

Madison, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foodies--not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that Mary, the owner, is a delightful host and knows a tremendous amount about the Cape May food scene, architecture and tidbits about the town. We met at the gazebo on schedule and spent several minutes getting to know each other. Though there were only my girlfriend and I, she informed us that she does the whole tour regardless of the number (even one!). I won't give away the many restaurants that we tasted but they are top notch. From the crab focaccia and lobster risotto to the tasting at the specialty food shop, you will enjoy every bite. Mary will share details of the dishes that you are eating and the background and history of the restaurant in which you are dining.

The food is a major part of the tour but not the only part. The information about the architecture was very detailed and accurate and the stories she told were very entertaining. Mary is gregarious, humorous, and a lot of fun. Speaking of fun, one of my favorite stops on the tour was the Madd Potter studio where we sampled Auburn Road Wines. The sommelier, and I use that word loosely but affectionately, was also named Mary. But we weren't confused by each other's names and we certainly weren't confused by the wines. I have had New Jersey wines in the past, albeit, a long time ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. Dry, flavorful white wine called Sole, sunshine in a glass, wonderful rose wine without the cloying sweetness typical of rose, an oaky and complex red called Classico. In all, we tasted about 5-6 wines, finishing with an apple spice which I chose not to sample.

Do yourself a favor and go online right now to www.capemayfoodtours.com and book your tour. They are usually daily, in the afternoon, and continue into the fall with limited availability. When she expands her offerings next year, I will be back!

baltimore, md
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“this.was.AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I can't think of anything that would have improved this tour! The food was excellent but it wasn't JUST a food tour. We viewed and discussed Victorian architecture while walking from place to place, learned about the history of the town's restaurants and Cape May in general and learned about the chefs/owners and their backgrounds. Spoiler alert: The foods we tried were all top notch and a great variety -- crab & pesto focaccia, lobster risotto, chocolate raspberry pastry, fudge, local vegetable panini, delicious quesadilla, wine tasting AND my favorite... flavor-infused olive oils, balsamic vinegars and salts. We ended with the last two so we could spend as much time sampling and shopping as we each desired. We bought a bag full of wine and goodies for a little picnic later. I could have spent hours here! And we were certainly not hungry afterward. What could be better than tasting your way through town? Mary was a fabulous guide and the small group sizes were perfect. Cannot say enough good things about this tour. Just wonderful! (not sure it is appropriate for younger children though. They would most likely be bored.)

1 Thank jen025
Hawthorne, New Jersey
“CAPE MAY FOODIE TOUR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent tour guide. Tour combined history of neighborhood with several food stops supplying plenty of food. Tour was informative and a lot of fun. I would recommend this to all age groups, weather you’re a family, a couple or on your own.