“Ashamed and Dissapointed”

Stewart's Root Beer
Ranked #10 of 17 Dessert in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just opened this year, in Washington Street Mall in Cape May, NJ
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ashamed and Dissapointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

To begin with, the service was below average. The waitress's were Extremely slow to take our orders. My family and I waited almost 10 minutes before we were even introduced to our waitress. The food is extremely over priced. I was astonished when my family went to the bathroom and came back to the bus girl eating our fries. I am glad i paid before we got up to use the bathroom, there is no way i will ever be returning to this chain.

1 Thank alice m

“Awesome restaurant and a total throwback!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was upset to hear that a restaurant would be replacing what was formerly Atlantic Books, but I finally got over it after my dining experience at Stewart's. First, the atmosphere and music gave the restaurant a nostalgic 1920s vibe. Also, our waitress was excellent and quick to accommodate us. The food was out quickly, but tasted amazing and was pretty reasonable considering Cape May's prices. Definitely order your drink in a mug when you order one. I also appreciated the variety of choices on the menu, especially for burgers. Plus, Stewart's has chicken cheesesteaks, which I think are hard to find in this area unless you go to Wildwood. Additionally, to address the confusion of other reviewers, the "phones" that the servers used are iPods that they are given for the day and return when they are done working. The only function that they can do on the iPods is writing down orders. Overall, I definitely think that this new restaurant will be extremely successful.

New Jersey
“Stumbled In - Cute, Great Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

First - in response to the previous poster - the server who was on her phone was likely working. All of the servers were on their phones - they don't write down orders, they plug them into phones. I have never been in a place like this, I thought it was neat.

We stumbled across Stewart's on Saturday night, looking for relief from the oppressive heat. Lines at the other ice cream places were crazy long, but the hostess was able to seat us right away at Stewart's. We are so glad we just happened to come across this place. It was relaxing, charming, with great service. A nice little place for some munchie food and a treat. I had a BLT and a vanilla shake - the BLT was not an after thought (you kinda think the food would be, at a place known for soda.) The tomatoes were great and the bacon cooked perfectly. Hubby had mozzerella sticks, a hot dog, and a chocolate shake - he loved it all. Service wasn't snappy, but it wasn't a problem - we were well-attended to, enjoying our treats and the air conditioning. For such "fast" food, they really could have rushed us along with speedy service and they didn't do that - I appreciated it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cute place so so service”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Tried the new Stewart's in Cape May, the food was good and came out quickly but service was very slow. Our server was on her phone every few minutes and cared more about her calls then ther clients. Other servers were on the ball but ours cared more about her personal life then working. Very odd no one else noticed this.

• Visited July 2012
“The food is WAY overpriced in compsarison to other stewarts and the service needs help.”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The food is way overpriced in comparison to other stewarts that I have been to. There are no free refills or even at partial price since the drinks are $2.79 per beverage. The atmosphere is very good and fun but the waiters and waitresses are slow to be of service. All in all it was a very disappointing experience and i will not be returning.