“Excellent and Beautifully maintained by the inn keeper”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
931 Beach Guest House
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent and Beautifully maintained by the inn keeper”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were surpirsed by the quality of the place offered and will go back everytime. The Inn keeper is very friendly and they do serve amazing coffee!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York New York
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I with our two year old stayed here for a weekend. We were so thrilled to have found such a gem right on the beach. The charming, very well kept and spotlessly clean beach house is decorated tastefully -- modern, simple, beach whimsy. No dusty old grandmom Victorian decor here! The front porch is comfortable and perfect for reading or hanging out in the evening -- and while you are sitting there the inn keeper Liza will likely bring you a carafe of wine. We spent our time on the great balcony of our room perched right on the ocean. The rooms are totally renovated with a nice bathroom, little kitchen efficiency, and flat screen tv. Many of the rooms adjoin so its perfect for families. You will be totally welcomed, comfortable, happy with the location and feel like you got a great value for your money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank VandCNewYorkNewYork
new castle
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We started staying at 931 Beach when it was the Windship 15 yrs. ago. The place has been renovated several times. Liza the Inn keeper was there for a long time and then let go so we stopped staying there, the place just wasn't the same. She has been hired back and we are back. She will make you feel so welcomed, comfortable and anything you could need or want she will do everything in her power to accomodate your request. The place is extremely nice and clean and we are so happy to be back at "our favorite place" in Cape May. I would highly recommend staying at 931 Beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Westminster, MD
Reviewed April 25, 2010

This was our first time in Cape May. LiZa was wonderful and some was the Cove. We hope to return in High season. The room looked just like the online photos and so did the others that were not occupied (we peeked in). LiZa makes a mean pot of coffee and the bagels, pastries and muffins are a nice touch. The home is beautiful. People stopped to comment, take a brochure and photos everyday. (if you are up to no good, be careful when sitting on the porch or balcony because your photo will be taken :-)). Everything is within a short walk (groceries, libations, mall, etc). The promenade walk to Sunset Beach is about 1 mile. Thanks again for a wonderful home, view and experience Miss LiZa!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Really enjoy our stay. The new renovation is great. They added balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms and it gives you the opportunity to enjoy the beach from your own room. The hospitality was very warming. We plan on returning next year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the 931 Beach Guest House in August and September of this year. I decided to stay here after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor, and had such a great experience at 931 Beach, that I decided I must also write a review.

Our first trip was in mid August. I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding at Congress Hall. I took a lot of time to research other inns and the many bed & breakfasts of Cape May, only to find very mixed feedback, and a 3 night minimum policy. Since we only needed (and could really only afford) a 2 night stay, I had a lot of trouble finding a nice place to stay. Unfortunately I am pretty picky about hotels and was not about to stay in one of the crappy run down motor lodges that are all over Cape May.

I think there was some sort of mix up with the room we reserved, and happened to be upgraded to the Nautilus room when we arrived. What a cute little room. It was a good size and had a nice clean bathroom. It looked a bit different from the pics online. This was one of the rooms that had recently been updated, so the decor had changed a bit, but still just as charming as the "old look" online.

Our next stay was over Labor Day weekend. We had to come back to Cape May for another wedding at the Grand. Marianne was nice enough to let us crash there just for the night so that we did not have to drive home after the wedding. She was so helpful and accomodating. We were running late for the wedding after getting stuck in awful Labor Day weekend beach traffic, and she helped us get up to our room within seconds so we could quickly get showered, dressed and back out the door.

This time we were in the Bay Meadow room, which I think might be the smallest room, but it was still more than enough space, and again, very very cute and clean. The pictures online were a very accurate representation of this room. You can take a look at my own pics I took of this room but my camera is not the best. While we did not have time to use the kitchenettes in the rooms, I did take a peak inside the cupboards: Well appointed, clean dishes and utensils, good quality stuff in there, that looked brand new or hardly used.

We really regret that we were so busy rushing around during our stays and were not able to get to the beach or relax at all. We would have loved to stay longer and take advantage of the wonderful things this newly renovated house had to offer, like the sprawling front porch with the beachy wicker furniture and hammock. The interior common areas of the house were immaculate and had that sophisticated beachy atmosphere down to a tee.

The rooms here were a little more pricey compared to others in Cape May at comparable Inn-like accommodations, but you pay for what you get, and of course the prices are going to be jacked up during the high season. You just cant beat the location of this place either. Right along the beach in the middle of everything, and a short walk to the outdoor mall....it doesn't get any better. If you are trying to get more bang for your buck, I would recommend staying here during the off-season. My husband and I are considering a longer stay in the future, during a cheaper time of the year. There is not much parking in the rear of the house, but at least it is there. A lot of these kinds of places in Cape May don't even have an off-street parking lot.

All in all, this place is a true gem. It stands out among the other houses on Beach Avenue. People strolling along the boardwalk stop to snap pictures of the place because it is so unique and striking. If you are planning a trip to Cape May, I say dish out the extra dough and stay here. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Scranton, PA
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I have traveled extensively and stayed in many 5 star resorts. Nothing compared to my stay at 931. My boyfriend and I planned a romantic weekend in Cape May for my birthday and I cried when it was time to go home. It was so quiet and peaceful and our view from our room was breathtaking. We walked all weekend and had no need to move the car once it was parked. I believe that we may have been the only guests for a small portion of our trip, and we barely heard a sound in the house. It was wonderful to be able to come and go when we wanted to, it almost made us feel like we were at home. The owner was a wonderful woman. She was very kind and took the time to get to know us. My boyfriend left his pants behind in the closet and she phoned us as soon as she found them and mailed them home for him. Unfortunately we can't return in May this year, but we will return this year. It is too wonderful to miss.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple