“Weekend Get-a-way"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
931 Beach Guest House
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at 931 Beach Guest House. We were looking for a nice weekend retreat in Cape may and found the entire experience to be perfect! The Inn Keeper met us with a smile, gave us a tour of the facility and recommended dining options and fun places to go. The entire house is decorated beautifully and maintained well. The room was spacious and cozy, offering beautiful views of the ocean from the deck. Overall the weekend was very relaxing. My wife and I have already booked another weekend this summer and have decided to make the 931 Beach Guest House our special Cape May get-a-way for future trips!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We just wanted to thank you once again for such a memorable time away at The Cape! We had a fabulous time and there were soooo many great things to do that we wished we had more time during our stay. We are anxiously awaiting our next visit to 931 Beach (in 2 weeks) and are counting the days until then, this time with the kids, so they too can enjoy it.

Many thanks to Liza, your Inkeeper, an absolutely amazing resource and asset to your Beach House, who provided us with a wealth of knowledge about the area, things to do, places to dine, etc. during our stay. We thank her for making us feel so "unbelievably" welcome and for her hospitality!

Once Again, we had such a memorable stay at 931 Beach and look forward to many more visits in the very near future. It truly is an amazing getaway like "no other" in Cape May and cannot wait to recommend it to friends and family!
Susan and Ted

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We took a last minute trip to Cape May and decided to look at quite a few options when we arrived. We checked out a hotel (La Mer---very nice, on the beach, with a pool) but we decided we wanted to stay at a B&B or Inn. We also checked out a few other B&B's but they were all the old-style Victorian decor with the lace, knick knacks everywhere and floral wallpaper---not our style. We stumbled upon 931 Beach and found it to be the perfect option for us. It's across the street from the beach, has a beautiful front porch with rocking chairs, and the decor is light, airy, beachy and fun! Lots of pale paint colors and white furniture. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. LiZa, the manager, was terrific. They only serve bagels/muffins and coffee (no formal breakfast), but the price was right and we preferred to eat down the street in a restaurant. We highly recommend it and will definitely go back. Thanks LiZa! A waterfront room with balcony next time!! ;)

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Madonaghy
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We came down to Cape May with reservations at the Grand Hotel. Our room there was terrible - so we called Liza (the Innkeeper) at almost midnight and she told us to come by first thing in the morning. We had an amazing room with a balcony and an incredible view of the Cape May beach. The house is directly across the street from the beach, Liza provides beach towels, waters and beach chairs... Nothing more to say really, it was the best. Thanks Liza!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We were greeted with such hospitality by the lovely innkeeper LiZa. She keeps 931 Beach looking flawless and her knowledge of the area is second to none. We stayed an oceanfront room that had attention to detail and charm. I would highly recommend staying at 931 Beach anytime!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Femivore
Reviewed April 27, 2011

So my parents who are in their late 60's wanted to go to the beach so my husband and I decided to take them to Cape May. We wanted to splurge a little and get a place so that they would have a beachview from their room. We booked online the Cove and Bay Meadow combo for 2 nights midweek (April 21st and 22nd). An hour after I booked it, my parents called me to tell me that they would really rather have a room that had two beds vs. just one. So I called the Innkeeper, LiZa, and explained to her my dilemma and asked her whether a pull out bed of some sort could be placed in the Cove since that was the room with the water view and if not, would she allow us to cancel the reservation (keep in mind that I called her one hour after I booked the reservation online). She said that she wasn't sure if she could do that but to not to worry and that she'd call me in the morning as she was already at home without her reservation book and that she was sure we could work something out. No call from LiZa the next morning. I sent her an email and called her and she told me that she'd call me back in a half hour as someone was checking out. No call again. So I emailed and called her yet again. She said she'd call/email me back. After much back and forth and me pleading for either a switch to the room with two beds or allowing us to cancel, she said that we'd have to pay the $75 cancellation fee regardless of the fact that I called her an hour after I booked the reservation. She said the best she could do was switch my parents to a room in the back that had one bed but had a pull out couch. Since we were pretty much maxed on our budget we had no choice but to take that. So what started out as going to Cape May so that my parents could stay at a beach facing room ended up with me and my husband in that room and my parents staying in a tiny room at the back of their property with my dad who is late 60s with a bad back on a sofa bed. Here's the kicker, we were the only ones staying at this place the first night we were there. Would it have killed them to allow my parents to stay in the room with 2 beds?? I even offered to work something out and pay a bit more if she'd allow my parents to switch to the room with two beds but she said that if we wanted that room then we'd have to pay an additional $268 plus taxes per night! The second night (Friday night) did have a few other guests but the room with 2 beds was vacant still. After our stay, I checked our credit card statement and we were charged more than what our bill said. So I emailed them and got a call saying that they owed us but not the full amount they overcharged. After further discussions he admitted that he owed us the full amount that they overcharged but instead of crediting that amount back onto our credit card, he said he would send me a check in the mail and then had the audacity to ask me to write a review on tripadvisor. I really was going to refrain from writing this but since he asked, here it is. You would think that a small business such as this especially during the off season, and considering they charge more than most other Cape May establishments would be a bit more accomodating to their guests but NOPE! Also, enjoy their complimentary breakfast of one kind of bagel and nothing else and their noisy heating/cooling system.

Room Tip: Stay elsehere.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank mskorea98
BeachAvenue, General Manager at 931 Beach Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2011

We at 931 Beach Guest House make every effort to ensure that our patrons have a wonderful and memorable stay. This is evident from the majority of the reviews that have been posted over time on Trip Advisor. Our cancellation policy is simple and clearly stated and applied to all reservations.

931 has 4 rooms that directly face the ocean, 2 have adjoining rooms. This guest booked an ocean facing room and its adjoining room. During this time period all of the ocean facing rooms were booked. These rooms each have one bed per room. We worked with this guest to give them a second room with 2 beds that would fit their budget and accommodate their needs.

Yes we did make an error in this guest's bill in not giving the 5% online booking discount due to changes to the reservation. As the finance manager of the house I thought the appropriate action was to telephone the guest and apologize and send the money back immediately, which was done. I extend a further apology that we didn't have a great enough variety of bagels in addition to the cakes and other breakfast foods we offer as part of our Complimentary Continental Breakfast.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

We have stayed many places in Cape May over the years, but this is one of the best. This particular trip was our second stay at 931 Beach. This time it was just my aunt, sister, and myself; but previously all of us stayed there with each of our families as well. If you don't mind not being in the center of things, then this is a great location. It's within walking distance to many things central Cape May has to offer, and it's right across from the beach. When next we go to Cape May we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family