“Consistently Excellent”

Ranked #6 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I've already lost track of the times I have stayed there but the Albert Stevens is always my first choice when going to Cape May. My husband and I have never experienced anything short of exceptional service and hospitality of this beautiful B&B - and as everyone else has remarked, their breakfasts are fantastic! Jim is a wealth of knowledge and can direct you to the best restaurants and let you know everything that is going on in Cape May. It is Jim and Lenanne who make your stay so memorable!

I have recommended the Albert Stevens to many friends and family members and after staying there they all basically say the same response: "I can't wait to return."

2 Thank Lucky69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I absolutely LOVED this B and B. Its so perfect i couldn't believe it :) Many reasons. Firstly, the photos are true, thats exactly what the rooms looked like. Secondly loved the hosts, Jim was lovely, very friendly, very well informed about the area and had a lot of practical suggestions. Thirdly the food was absolutely delicious, each course better than the last. I may consider going back just for the breakfast :). And oh, breakfast is served in both the common dining area and in their little covered porch where they have small tables which seat two people. And you are served breakfast by their staff, very thoughtful always changing out your plates for each course, making sure your coffee cup is full etc.
Parking is super convenient in their backyard. And they are very close to the main street, literally almost only two blocks away.
Thank you guys for a wonderful restful weekend and hope to be back soon sometime!

Room Tip: Room tip: We had the stevens, which is one of their smaller rooms, but more private. It was small bu...
1 Thank trippynomad
Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had to write about the terrific week in December, 2013 we had the pleasure to stay at the Albert Stevens Inn in Cape May. Our stay at the Inn was great! Originally we planned to stay three nights and return home, but I had such a fabulous time, we stayed for another night.
This was simply the best vacation/get a way we had in a very long time. Our hosts, Jim and Lenanne Labruscio were the greatest.

Jim and Lenanne’s knowledge of Cape May and the local goings on are superior. We were made aware of and delighted in a holiday concern with the music presented in both a jazz and tradition format. It was a delight. We had the opportunity to attend a play on Dickens’ Christmas Carol as told through the eyes of Jacob Marley. The play was ‘top shelf’. Both Jim and Lenanne were the most genuine people there is not only terrific hosts, but truly good people... Always a pleasure to sit and talk with them. Great people, great conversations, great place, and great food!

Our room at the inn was great. Elegantly furnished with period furniture, immaculately spotless, and incredibly comfortable, and the walk in shower was a pleasant experience. The bed afforded a terrific night’s sleep!

Breakfast was wonderful. Always a variety of fresh fruit, deliciously crafted omelets, and really delicious coffee were available. The homemade coffee cakes were delicious too. The afternoon teas were a nice surprise. Cookies, brownies, my favorites, and dips were always on hand, and always very tasty. Both Jim and Lenanne certainly know their way around a kitchen.

Sorry we had to leave at the end of the week, but that allows us to look forward to our next visit.

Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vincent R
PA
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at the Albert Stevens in off-season and its a beautiful place. Breakfasts were good and more than we could eat! The bedroom was spotless and lovely. Innkeeper is very friendly, without being intrusive, and has great recommendations for food and activities. Overall, a terrific place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Vesta, nice room, smallish, but comfortable
2 Thank JHD1986
Bethlehem Twp, PA
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I recently stayed at the Albert Stevens Inn while attending a program at the Cape May Bird Observatory. During my stay, I was struck by how genuinely caring the innkeepers/owners were with regard to their guests' comfort and satisfaction.

Upon my arrival, Jim provided me with a local map on which he highlighted suggestions for dining and entertainment. His suggestions weren't just the ordinary scripted introduction to the town, though. He took the time to gauge my interests and then made thoughtful recommendations accordingly. At one point, Jim even made multiple phone calls for me, to inquire after restaurants' hours of operations and other such information. He did so unprompted and without hesitation.

Throughout my stay, both Jim and Lenanne repeatedly asked if I was enjoying my stay and whether I needed anything. During one of these exchanges, I had the chance to have a lengthy conversation with Jim in which he detailed some of the past and future upgrades to the inn. He seemed to sincerely hope that changes to the inn would enhance the experience that guests have at the Albert Stevens. Some examples he provided were upgraded bathrooms and the recently upgraded high-speed internet.

Lenanne also takes the time each day to bake homemade goods for guests' enjoyment at the afternoon refreshment reception.

In addition to the friendly and accommodating nature of the Albert Stevens' owners, the inn has many attributes. The short proximity to the Washington Street Mall is invaluable, as parking there can be challenging. The shops and eateries at the mall are a must-see, and the 2 1/2 blocks distance is a very reasonable walk. Cape May is easy to navigate, but I found the Albert Stevens' location especially convenient for travel to birding sites. Broadway and West Perry streets run adjacent to the inn and provide convenient access to major thoroughfares to all points in Cape May, neighboring towns, and nature preserves.

The Albert Stevens is located on a one-way street adjacent to a landscaped, tree-lined greenbelt, complete with walking path and benches. The view of the little greenbelt park is lovely from the front deck. Moreover, the greenbelt acts as a buffer to the traffic on the next street, which maintains the serenity and quiet at the inn.

The convenience of the parking is virtually unrivaled in Cape May. Sufficient private parking is available in the lot on the side of the building, with additional parking located on the street in front of the inn.

The entire inn was immaculately clean, with Victorian details and modern amenities.

This is the 4th B&B in which I've stayed in Cape May, and it is by far my favorite. I will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Stew A
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This Is an exceptional Victorian B&B. It is immaculate, charming, and there is a 3 course home made breakfast, parking on the grounds, and Jim and Linanne are a font of information regarding Cape May. Breakfast is served in a delightful enclosed porch, and there is a deck when the weather is warm. From 4-5pm there is sherry, wine, and cheese and crackers, along with cookies, brownies, or cake. Coffee and tea are available 24/7. There is a dining room for breakfast when they are full, and two charming sitting rooms. The breakfast menu is posted the evening before, in case there is something you can't eat. Jim will try to accommodate allergies, and always has sugar free syrup for me. This is our second stay, and we will definitely be returning. We highly recommend it, and would give it 4 out of 4 stars. The owners live on the premises, and are always available as a resource or if there should be a problem. It is also close to the center of town.

Room Tip: There are 3 floors without an elevator, so tell Jim if you need a first floor room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marilyn T
New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We spent an enjoyable Valentine's weekend at the beautiful Albert Stevens Inn. The house was immaculate , warm, and cozy and the innkeepers, Jim and Lenanne, friendly and informative. They really made us feel at home. Jim even showed us the upgrades he was making in one of their rooms. Their 3 course breakfasts were delicious and served either in one of 2 dinning rooms or at tables for two (our favorite) on their enclosed sunporch. Afternoon tea/wine/hot apple cider were accompanied with sweet treats and cheese/crackers platter. We certainly did not go hungry. The bedrooms are comfortable and very reasonable.

Room Tip: They have 3 bedrooms on the first floor so you don't have to do the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple