Our family of 4 stayed 4 nights: Wed. - Sun. into Labor Day Weekend. We loved it! Our room was clean and comfortable (2 queen beds). We really liked having the mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. We had breakfast in our room every morning. Our room opened onto the pretty courtyard and pool. Our children enjoyed the pool and shuffle board court. There is also an outdoor shower for rinsing sandy feet before entering your room.
The location is great - right across the street from the beach! You could walk back to your own clean room to use the bathroom rather than using public restrooms at the beach. The beach is sandy and beautiful! The waves are boogie-board heaven for the kids! And several times, we saw a pod of dolphins diving through the waves just off shore! We brought our own beach chairs and umbrella so we did not have to rent them. You do need to purchase beach passes - very reasonable. Price varies depending on how many days you need.
You get a parking space with your room, but we often walked down Beach Avenue past all the charming houses to the restaurants and arcades (about a 10 minute walk). We enjoy walking on a summer evening. (Parking near the restaurants can be difficult to find.)
We would stay here again. Our pink motel by the sea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May