My wife and I just stayed that teh Periwinkle for 3 nights - we had a small suite that included a separate bedroom and living room with sofa bed and efficiency kitchen, and a balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool. This set up was ideal and comfortable. The room was very clean, and housekeeping kept it that way all 3 days. Flat screen TV in the living room was nice - we brought a small DVD player to plug in - which worked well. There was an old TV in the bedroom - no remote except the one from the LR worked for just the cable box.
We read warnings that the beds are uncomfortable, so we brought our Queen sized memory foam topper and this was a life saver I think. My wife really needs a comfortable bed.
The location is great -- the hotel is situated at the very beginning of the promenade that runs 1.4 miles along the beach to the jetty end. 10 minute walk to the central business district. There was a beach entrance and beach pass sales booth directly across the street as well - beach access was free since the life guards were gone. Usually $5/day and $10 for a 3-day pass (in season). You could easily walk to restaurants and bars in town, and even next door at other hotels. This location (about 4 blocks from the center) is a bit quieter, but not far from the "action" such as what Cape May has to offer.
The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. I had to ask for shampoo and conditioner, which is free upon request. Nice little vials - so they know they would be stuffed into suitcases every day, thus the "by request" policy. Understandable. Ask at check-in though.
Families with young children would love this place. They have a regular pool and a 1 foot deep kiddie pool. Also a big sandbox, playhouse, and toys on the courtyard lawn. The courtyard is very nice -- the place has a french/european look ... a bit more charming than many of the beach front "motels".
Price was good - and we did shop. Booked it through Bookings.com.
We will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May