“A nice, quiet hotel right across from the beach”
Review of Periwinkle Inn

Periwinkle Inn
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is clean, a little dated but decent. This was my first time in Cape May and my family and I loved it. The hotel is a little pricey but most of Cape May is anyway. The pool was really nice except the lawn chairs were on the outside of the pool area which was a little strange. I have a 5 year-old and there is no way I could sit outside of the pool area so I had to sit on the ground. The location isn't the best but with a little one, it was nice to be in a quieter area at night and early morning. I do agree with the other reviewer...the beds were not comfortable at all. I have to say that overall, we had a pleasant stay and although I would try another hotel next time (just because that's what we like to do) I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is definitely worth the extra money if you have children.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mchase92
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello our Dear Past Guest,

The Periwinkle Inn wants to tell you that we appreciate your thoughts on our services and we hope that you will consider us again. We have just reopened and all is brand new! We renovated each and every room just for wonderful people such as yourself.

Thank you again we try every time to make your stay memorable.

Periwinkle Inn Staff

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the 1st time in Cape May that we stayed in a motel rather than in a B&B, and only because it was last minute booking for Labor Day and nothing else was available. No wonder this hotel was the only one that had vacancies, even during Labor Day. The price was very-very high, no breakfast included, no restaurant on premises either. We payed $1089 for 3 nights in a standard room with 2 queen beds ( by the way, very uncomfortable beds). The hotel has neither the Victorian charm that B&B offers, nor the luxuries that really nice hotels provide ( and there are a bunch of luxury ones right near Periwinkle). If all of this is of no significance for you, if you come to Cape May not for it's ambiance but only for the beach, then this review is not for you, just disregard it. As for me, never again! Not worth the money!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
36  Thank tsilia
PeriwinkleManager, Front Office Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Here at the Periwinkle Inn we are responding to your review to tell you that we appreciate your feedback and do take all concerns seriously. We would like to invite you back and hope yo will consider it because we have renovated each and every room here at the Periwinkle Inn hotel in Cape May

Periwinkle Inn

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Even though on our second day my wife and I were accused of smoking in a non-smoking room and burning the rug, after a brief conversation with the desk representative the situation was remadeed. We were there for almost two weeks even though we were scheduled to go home after five we just could'nt leave. The staff knew my name after the second day and were always curtious and attentive. I wish I could remember the names of the two younger girls, they just could'nt do enough for us. I handed one of the girls the over twenty thousand dollars to place in the safe while I went to the beach, and even though she knew there was an extremely large amount of money there I had no reservations and every dollar was there upon my return. What else is there to say, even though the Periwinkle was not my first choice as I attempted to make my reservations I will have no second thoughts of staying there again!

Brian C Buono
Philadelphia, PA

p.s. I do not blame them for the misunderstanding about smoking, the way I see it they were watching out for the welfare of the other guests and their property. Who could blame them for that!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side give you the best view of the ocean but you must be on the second level or hi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian B
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Mr. Buono,
We at the Periwinkle Inn are extremely happy that you picked us for your vacation. We remember you and your wife well. You were always pleasant. The girls at the office said you were nothing but a treat and would love for you and your wife to come back and see us. We have great news! we are newly renovated. Everything is brand new. If your looking to come back call anytime. Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We just returned from four days at this lovely hotel right across the street from a quiet(er) stretch of Cape May beach. The location is perfect. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are clean, and perfect for a beach stay. Quiet. Nice people. Nice staff. The only downsides is that the water tastes awful, so when you make coffee in your room, it helps to use bottled water. The other downside is that the beds are not comfortable, but everything is very clean. Overall, a great place to vacation with kids. We would go back again anytime.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PuffyWinks

Valued Customer,
Thank you for writing about your experience here at the Periwinkle Inn. We are actually newly renovated this year! Everything is brand new including the mattresses. We would be very happy to see you again and experience another relaxing vacation. Give us anytime. Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

A lovely motel that combines an ideal location directly across the road from the beach, and a pool as a beach alternative. The rooms are well-equipped, clean and well-situated. The only downside I found with the stay was the absence of a strong wi-fi network. The personnel are pleasant and willing to provide tips and useful information for your stay. The motel is close to restaurants and a walk away from downtown. Its the third time we've been there and I'd gladly return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ExPatBorderWorker
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Valued Customer,
Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate your business and would love for you to stay again and experience the new renovations. We worked really hard all winter and are very proud of how it has all come together. Keep us in mind for your future stay. Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Right across the street from the beach, great views of the ocean, friendly staff and clean. What more can you ask for? Well, the beds were not that comfortable but sleeping on vacation has never been my thing anyway. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here and I would stay there again next time I visit Cape May.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Derek T

Hello Valued Customer,
We appreciate your comments you are very kind. We are newly renovated this year and I'm pleased to let you know we have new mattresses along with everything else! We are very proud of it and would love for you to come back and see us to experience it. Call us anytime. Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Charming and cozy with a great location and staff! This is the perfect seaside get away for families and those of us just looking for a little rest and relaxation, the perfect beach retreat! The periwinkle exudes whimsical charm of a yester year family feel right on the cape may beach!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank kellysweet

Valued Customer,
We are very pleased you had such a memorable stay. We are newly renovated this year! We would love to have you and the family back for another vacation. Please consider us and give us call anytime. Let's make more memories!